What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL judiciary gone mad

tmfsd

Juniors
I'm outraged! These muppets at the judiciary have NFI. I would give grub at least a month for the trip and that is before taking into account his grub history.

I saw the Tagatese tackle and agree that it was an unfortunate accident but still dangerous so I could understand him getting 2-4 weeks. However that would be very hard to wear if grub only got 2 weeks

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The Burgess suspension has really got me beat, largely because if that was a grade 2 what in the serious f**k would be a grade 5? Ripping matai's arm out of the socket then raping him with it?

I'm going to hell coz I laughed at this.

And I agree (mainly with the pre-rape part). Two games for intentionally bending a guy's arm back, when it is very well known this particular player has issues with shoulders/necks etc? Matai has missed at least one week because of it, and may miss more? Gurgess deserved a month at least.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Reynolds really is the Telecrap princess this year.

Had one of the grubbiest performances I've ever seen - and they write a fluff piece on him.

Still Nutty

Juniors
The tackle by Glasby on Mata'utia knocks him senseless, potentially breaks a jaw and only rated a grade one careless because the kid is too tough to lay down like others ... so not only do the Knights not even get a penalty out of the tackle, Glasby is free to play this week - I really don't see consistency in much of what happens at the judiciary any more

some11

Referee
Had one of the grubbiest performances I've ever seen - and they write a fluff piece on him.

"Grub on the field is softy off it"

He does what 90% of players do by visiting sick kids in hospital so that absolves him of being an absolute merkin on the field?

eozsmiles

Bench
The operation of the game is becoming a joke in general. The Judiciary have lost the plot, the refs are more shit than they ever have been....I doubt the people that run this game even know what it is anymore.

There was a thread here the other day talking about how good it is to have Smith in the CEO role instead of the usual blazer wearing footy tragics that have run our game for the last 100 odd years.

Then you get fans like yourself that say the complete opposite - that the people running the game don't even know what it is.

It's hard to keep up.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Tagatese tackle was always going to get 4 weeks, a clear precedent has been sent since the Alex McKinnon incident. Ngani Laumape got 4 weeks for a similar tackle a month or so back.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The Tagatese tackle was always going to get 4 weeks, a clear precedent has been sent since the Alex McKinnon incident. Ngani Laumape got 4 weeks for a similar tackle a month or so back.

Yeah, as long as you ignore Reynolds flipping Tate so far he went past his neck and onto his back. Got a wet bus ticket so he could play origin 2

eozsmiles

Bench
Reynolds really is the Telecrap princess this year.

They have to keep the fans happy. If they hammered him, fans would be saying how the DT is picking on footy players. So they do a puff piece because it makes people happy.

Plenty of posters have said over the years that RL needs more positive stories in the media. This is one of them.

Jaegerex

Juniors

The thing with Taga's tackle though, it wasn't how Nielsen landed at all. It was mainly how Taga fell on Nielsen post tackle, which was shoulder first into his head. Before that it wasn't really a bad tackle. Classing it as a throwing tackle was pretty severe.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah, as long as you ignore Reynolds flipping Tate so far he went past his neck and onto his back. Got a wet bus ticket so he could play origin 2

True, should've got caned for that. But he's an Origin golden by so I'm sure the judiciary got a tap on the shoulder.

eozsmiles

Bench
The saddest thing is that everyone knew the Reynolds gradings would be a joke immediately after the game.

Was the eye-gouge bad? It looked horrific in the still image shown on fox sports news but still photos can be misleading. Thing about eye-gouging is that you either did it (lowest of the low acts, 10+ weeks) or you didn't (accidental contact, no citing). How can they justify one week?

Players can be cited for accidental contact, such as a high tackle. If the contact is illegal, they can be charged.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Death sentence for punching, though tripping and kicking aren't so bad.

Someone get us a round ball.

Fathead

Bench
They are all a bunch of merkins but what do you expect ?

- inexcusable judiciary sanctions

- referees sacked because they finally stood up to Melbourne which was always in the too hard basket for other refs ( and Klein will be the last one foolish enough to do that )

- video refs taking 5 minutes to make a ruling when it's plainly obvious in the first 10 seconds what has occurred

We have absolute no chance to sell the game with these morons running it. In fact the are so many long term fans leaving the game that I fear for the survival.

typicalfan

Coach
This was ridiculously light on but the leaving the game in droves thing, seriously look two steps beyond our backyard. Did you see the sentence that AFL player got in for elbowing a guy in the back of the head? Dodgy decisions happen in every sport, every game period. That guy would be looking at the best part of the season in the NRL. Compared to that the Reynolds thing is barely an issue.

Mate if you want to go to union and watch a scrum repack 3 times each occasion for it to only end up collapsed of penalised then go for it. If you want tanking, an uneven competition and hat racks jump for balls then AFL is for you. Soccer for you? Dodgy from start to finish.

Sure we have issues but gee.