What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL marketing morons.

gronkathon

First Grade
604180-sea-eagles-fan.jpg

What pony-tailed marketing halfwit made the decision to enforce the dress code of "Cocktail Attire" on footy fans attending the NRL launch last night? I mean gessus, we're footy fans. I said to the mate I was giong to the launch with we should wear cocktail dresses and see if we can get in.

Next year just let us wear our bloody club colours, it's not rocket science.

Chook.

You obviously don't got to many launches then, in particular for your own club. Just about every football function I've been to has a dress code regardless of whether it has been organised by the NRL or a football club. They are formal occasions mate, not a piss up at a mates. If you can't handle that kind of stuff, then don't go. At those type of events, the fans are not the only people there.

100%green

Juniors
They even gave everyone a scarf

Exactly!!!

Chook is a typical ungrateful moron.

We get a free night - trip to and from the event, free food and drink, free scarf and polar fleece throw etc etc

And let's whinge cause they make you suit!

Get a life

maccattack

Juniors
:lol: I'm being called a bogan by geniuss on a footy forum. You need lessons in irony.

We're footy fans you f**king idiots meaning we love to be seen in our jersey's not cocktail attire. And it's the launch of the footy season, not a cocktail party.

Chook.

The irony of the "irony".

BunniesMan

Immortal
FFS. Marketing is not aimed at the bogan hardcore fan who wants to show up to a dinner in shorts and thongs.

Marketing is to make the game attractive to casual fans and neutral potential fans. Seeings Corby family level boganism at a formal launch is not a respectable look for the game.

Chook

First Grade
Lol thread not turning out how the OP anticipated

It's a bitching thread and I had my bitch so it turned out perfectly.

The fact some gronks think I needed a wave of support is irrelevant.

Chook.

newman

First Grade
What pony-tailed marketing halfwit made the decision to enforce the dress code of "Cocktail Attire" on footy fans attending the NRL launch last night? I mean gessus, we're footy fans. I said to the mate I was giong to the launch with we should wear cocktail dresses and see if we can get in.

Next year just let us wear our bloody club colours, it's not rocket science.

Chook.

As a marketing professional I resent this. No one in marketing has had a pony tail since 1993. Marketing people are now tragic douchebags in skinny jeans, slogan t shirts, beards and buddy holly glasses.

Latest posts