What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nrl plans for a 20 team comp

Pippen94

First Grade
What's the time slot for PNG TV games ?
Who's going care. But the opposing team fan's will care.
The Queensland cup team PNG Hunter's will be effected by a New PNG NRL team
All of this is politics. Money
Why can't we have a PNG team in A league
AFL. . Union. Netball.
The political idea is for PNG to become a state of Australia

The country where rugby league is the national sport gets a NRL team. The team will have fans that actually care about the sport.

Does that happen in Qld cup or you just fear mongering?!
When I was at a PNG vs Wynnum game at Kougari Oval in 2014 there were security guards from PNG all around the ground.

Here's a riot from a game PM'S XIII vs PNG game in 2009.

The violence was over people missing out on tickets. Police had to use rubber bullets.

An official was attacked during a Digicel Cup semifinal in 2016.

Police had to shoot tear gas into the crowd.

Last edited:

Pippen94

First Grade
When I was at a PNG vs Wynnum game at Kougari Oval in 2014 there were security guards from PNG all around the ground.

Here's a riot from a game PM'S XIII vs PNG game in 2009.

The violence was over people missing out on tickets. Police had to use rubber bullets.

An official was attacked during a Digicel Cup semifinal in 2016.

Police had to shoot tear gas into the crowd.

Maybe security was for Wynnum people?!

Maybe security was for Wynnum people?!
Security wasn't there when PNG weren't playing.

Steel Saints

Juniors
Does that happen in Qld cup or you just fear mongering?!

Must be a different sport that qld cup thing

Unfortunately PNG is stated to have the second highest crime rate in the world. Not something to be taken lightly. As for the Qld Cup, fans in PNG know that it's a step down or a lower grade from the NRL, and therefore is less scrutinized.

But a question for both of you. What happens to the PNG team after the ten year government handout?

Believe it or not, I want this to work. If the PNG team is successful, then that would be awesome, and maybe in some way shape or form, could turn the country around for the better.

But you also have to recognize the many challenges this PNG club will face, both on and off the field.

Wb1234

Referee
Unfortunately PNG is stated to have the second highest crime rate in the world. Not something to be taken lightly. As for the Qld Cup, fans in PNG know that it's a step down or a lower grade from the NRL, and therefore is less scrutinized.

But a question for both of you. What happens to the PNG team after the ten year government handout?

Believe it or not, I want this to work. If the PNG team is successful, then that would be awesome, and maybe in some way shape or form, could turn the country around for the better.

But you also have to recognize the many challenges this PNG club will face, both on and off the field.
So since qld cup is a step down you can’t judge the fan base

they are saving their energy to riot at nrl games

Hahhahaa

Wb1234

Referee
You haven't answered my question.
It’s like Groundhog Day here

same questions get repeated over and over

should be a sticky

Andrew hill has already said the png bid won’t need govt support anyway (png bid coordinator)

But it will give it a turbo charge start like the storm had including building a resort and coe for the club

And on the crowd violence thing I’ll repeat there’s the qld cup.

Pippen94

First Grade

PNG hunters

Steel Saints

Juniors
It’s like Groundhog Day here

same questions get repeated over and over

should be a sticky

Andrew hill has already said the png bid won’t need govt support anyway (png bid coordinator)

But it will give it a turbo charge start like the storm had including building a resort and coe for the club

And on the crowd violence thing I’ll repeat there’s the qld cup.

To prove a point, maybe Andrew Hill should knock back the government funding right now.

MugaB

Coach
What's the time slot for PNG TV games ?
Who's going care. But the opposing team fan's will care.
The Queensland cup team PNG Hunter's will be effected by a New PNG NRL team
All of this is politics. Money
Why can't we have a PNG team in A league
AFL. . Union. Netball.
The political idea is for PNG to become a state of Australia
What fkn language do you speak, the translation is terrible... stick to easier subjects like logos or something less wordy.... handbags perhaps