What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Racism Row - Tahu called Knights Players Red Necks

Perth Knights

Juniors
Came across this article today and whilst I initially felt it was better to let the matter die a natural death, I nonetheless post it for comments if any.

In the sport’s first incidence of reverse racism, a number of Knights sources today tell the magazine Tahu sledged them shortly before he was sent to the sin bin in a game that resulted in the Eels centre being suspended for a month.

"Timana's comments were aimed specifically at a couple of our white guys out there and were very pointed and personal," one Knights player, speaking on condition of anonymity, said.

"He went out there to stir things up - he apparently has a bee in his bonnet about Joey (Andrew Johns) being mates with our guys and I think that set him off."

Parramatta chief executive Paul Osborne commented: "I heard the rumour and spoke to Timana about it.

"He has denied it or any knowledge of it and that is good enough for me."

http://www.lasttackle.com/feature_17...acism-row.html

Hope the link works!!

Alex28

Coach
Was in RLW today. The club and the players took the high road and didn't make an issue of it. Good on them.

Shame Timana couldn't have done the same thing prior to Origin 2. I'm all for standing up for your beliefs however it did nothing but fire Queensland and Inglis, and damage Johns and Tahu.

Perth Knights

Juniors
Was in RLW today. The club and the players took the high road and didn't make an issue of it. Good on them.

Shame Timana couldn't have done the same thing prior to Origin 2. I'm all for standing up for your beliefs however it did nothing but fire Queensland and Inglis, and damage Johns and Tahu.

At least you get access to RLW!! All we get over here in Perth is AFL. For me, I have to search the web for any news on my beloved knights. Thank heavens though for Fox Sports.

Alex28

Coach
If you are on Twitter Steve Mascord puts up a lot of his articles on there...

Like this - it looks like the site you found copied Steve's press release word-for-word then took it down...

Just hang around here - most of the news gets on here quicker than anywhere else :)

Big Tim

First Grade
If you are on Twitter Steve Mascord puts up a lot of his articles on there...

Like this - it looks like the site you found copied Steve's press release word-for-word then took it down...

Just hang around here - most of the news gets on here quicker than anywhere else :)

There's a cash payment for being first with the news.

Serc

First Grade
lol...if this is true (and it certainly fits with the style of play he had for that first 5 mins prior to his binning) then he is such a tool.

Chief

Juniors
If you believe an anonymous source I've got a bridge to sell you.

C'mon people. Put your brains into gear.

perverse

Referee
If you believe an anonymous source I've got a bridge to sell you.
wherest art thine bridge of which thou dost speaketh and what degree of remuneration wouldst thou require to validate a transfer of ownership from your self to mine?

Noname36

First Grade
"Timana's comments were aimed specifically at a couple of our white guys out there and were very pointed and personal," one Knights player, speaking on condition of anonymity, said.

*laughs* what a bloody hypocrite Tahu is. Fair enough if he was going after the whole team, but to single out only the white guys is racist. All of the players he tried to smack were also white. Racist.

But honestly, rednecks? You'd think he could do better than that.

Chook Herron

Juniors
So will he be made accountable for this racist remarks like Johns was......oh wait white people can't be victims of racism in todays self-loathing PC society. Give him a medal instead

Serc

First Grade
I read a comment from some moron on a news article yesterday...it went along the lines of "you can't be racially abused if you're in the group that is the majority"

Can't believe some people honestly think those sorts of things :?

Johns Magic

Referee
I read a comment from some moron on a news article yesterday...it went along the lines of "you can't be racially abused if you're in the group that is the majority"

They're called apologists, and they're absolutely pathetic.

Big Tim

First Grade

So I work with 2 Asians, 2 Turks, an Italian, and a lebanese. I am allowed to be racist to the Asians and the Turks but they cant say anything about me, the Italian and the lebanese?

Common sense :lol:

Serc

First Grade
haha yeah pathetic indeed. Predjudice is not on no matter your colour, size, shape, gender, creed or breakfast cereal you select. I'm only 25 and I sometimes wonder where this country (or for that matter, much of the first world) is heading...anyway enough of that, this isn't the four corners forum.

natheel

Coach
hmmm ok if this is true then why cant the knights players come out themselves instead of going to someone to get it out anonymously...lol at least tahu has actually come out and denied it himself.

either way i doubt he said anything. he is an aggressive player without this issue anyway..so yeh tbh his send off was always going to happen no matter WHICH team parra were playing that week

Latest posts