What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 10 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Knights doing incredibly well without Ponga…

Souths, regardless of result something fundamentally wrong, so much talent in the team…

They’ve gone for a Ferrari backline and a Suzuki Swift pack. Wighton is one of the worst signings I’ve seen made when you consider the state they are in up front

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
They’ve gone for a Ferrari backline and a Suzuki Swift pack. Wighton is one of the worst signings I’ve seen made when you consider the state they are in up front
I think Jeremy Clarkson said something like “there’s one thing about the Suzuki Swift… it’s not…”

So Harry gets pinged for a legs attack, which was pure laziness on his behalf.
Then put in the bin.
Fafita did way worse to TMM and got nothing, not even sighted for it.
Then the try goes up no try, I couldn't see the ball on the ground? Or did I not watch it enough?
Yet ours get overturned in Melbourne with same amount of evidence.

So Harry gets pinged for a legs attack, which was pure laziness on his behalf.
Then put in the bin.
Fafita did way worse to TMM and got nothing, not even sighted for it.
Then the try goes up no try, I couldn't see the ball on the ground? Or did I not watch it enough?
Yet ours get overturned in Melbourne with same amount of evidence.
Didn’t watch enough. Clearly hit ground whilst in possession

Big Marn

Juniors
i thought with Hughes and Paps out, this was Sharks best chance of beating Storm, but needed a sinbinnng along the way to only just beat them. I think Storm come out of this game looking better tbh.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
i thought with Hughes and Paps out, this was Sharks best chance of beating Storm, but needed a sinbinnng along the way to only just beat them. I think Storm come out of this game looking better tbh.

Im not sure about that, Sharks didn’t have either of their first choice halves and Hynes is extremely influential

Packs were pretty much full strength and Sharks gave them a bath

With neither first string halves in Nicho and Trindall. Hooker put into 7 late after captains run so no preparation and never played with rookie 5/8.

But poor Storm. They come out if this looking better lol

Big Marn

Juniors
With all due respect, Trindall and to a lesser extent Hynes ( struggles to get in the Blues team) are not on the same level as Hughes and Paps when it comes to being game changers. Also Wishart played first game at 7.
I'm by no means a Storms supporter. Sharks are going well make no mistake.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
With all due respect, Trindall and to a lesser extent Hynes ( struggles to get in the Blues team) are not on the same level as Hughes and Paps when it comes to being game changers. Also Wishart played first game at 7.
And the Storm are still left with Munster and Grant in the spine after that

JJ

Immortal
hard disagree on Hynes there

Blair

Coach
Viliami Vailea is starting at centre for the Cowboys. I think he was the frustratingly talented, but seemingly disinterested, dud we had playing for us.

Let's see if Payten can unlock his full potential.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Viliami Vailea is starting at centre for the Cowboys. I think he was the frustratingly talented, but seemingly disinterested, dud we had playing for us.

Let's see if Payten can unlock his full potential.
That’s a nope so far.

cowboys are arguably in a bigger hole than us. 5 straight losses and couldn’t run down a titans team with no fit players on the bench and forwards in the backline.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Real curse on the halfbacks this season so far

injured before or during the round

Hynes
Cleary
Hughes
Reynolds
Fogarty
Johnson
Moses
Foran
Ilias/Hawkins

Sezer suspended as well

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Real curse on the halfbacks this season so far

injured before or during the round

Hynes
Cleary
Hughes
Reynolds
Fogarty
Johnson
Moses
Foran
Ilias/Hawkins

Sezer suspended as well
I can see this year being a real last team standing affair. Not at the halfway mark yet and half the teams look busted.