What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 16 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
a Canberra upset of Brisbane would be a nice result for us. We were a few minutes away from being second on the ladder...

But this is just making my late Saturday arvo beer and cheeseboard even more bitter. I'm supposed to be watching a replay of our magnificent, second-placed NRL Warriors!

Blair

Coach
We aren't the first team this year to lose a game based on a forward pass and probably won't be the last.

As I said we have the technology to know the speed of players their GPS trackers etc, SO why can't the multimillion dollar bunker use this information to determine momentum etc. Throw a few algorithms in there for some tech talk so we get this right. We have so many tv angles that its getting a bit embarrassing.

Always thought it would be great for a ball to light up red when it went forward.

Smart ball technology is what we need.
:)

On the Storm note, they kind of smashed us, so not so upset about them being above us on the table.

Top 4 is going to be a push especially if we get games like last night.

But in last night's case there's no need for all that hi-tech stuff, there was a good old human right on the spot!

It was, however, an absolute howler. Being half-cut at 5:49 PM the day after doesn't make that fact any easier. Well, it sort of does actually, but when I sober up I'll be 100% ropable again!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Ditto. It's a myth that 'everyone hates Manly'. Well, not today anyway.

Did Taupau play?

Made a few errors but very strong with the ball, and Penriths last chance was a high ball that Taupau jumped up and grabbed, battling with Merrin of all people, bizarre game

Think we will be sending out an sos next week for outside backs, 4 of them gone within a week !!

How Slade Griffen still had a knee I don't know?
I'd say he might have to pull up stumps as it could be his 4th ACL injury.

But in last night's case there's no need for all that hi-tech stuff, there was a good old human right on the spot!

It was, however, an absolute howler. Being half-cut at 5:49 PM the day after doesn't make that fact any easier. Well, it sort of does actually, but when I sober up I'll be 100% ropable again!

It's exactly why they need replacing.

Touchies are basically pointless now days. We get enough replays on things for video ref/bunker to rule on/comment on if needed.

The one flag up, one down for a conversion the other week should have been their death knell.

Last edited:
a Canberra upset of Brisbane would be a nice result for us. We were a few minutes away from being second on the ladder...
Nice start there for Raiders.
Milf under pressure hands them a loose ball to run away and score.

Refs will get them back into the game.

JJ

Immortal
Six point gap now between 8th and 9th.

Can Warriors fans start popping the Lion Red? Our finals wait may be over.
Most likely. In reality we're in 7th I think if we correct for the byes. 7th or 8th seems about right, Raiders were most likely to make a run but they really are a stupid team. Ivan's Tigpies could still push

Most likely. In reality we're in 7th I think if we correct for the byes. 7th or 8th seems about right, Raiders were most likely to make a run but they really are a stupid team. Ivan's Tigpies could still push
Yep in 7th.
Points differential making a huge difference.
73 points behind Rooster who really sit 4th.
89 points behind Storm who sit 3rd.
99 behind Rabbits in 2nd (before cowboys game) All on same competition points.

Best part playing Panthers next week. If we win it counts as double point diff. 28 point wins puts us in front of them on points diff. (As well as competition points)

Last edited:

Burns

First Grade
Wow.

Amazing how different the Top 4 would have looked if the ball had bounced the other way in the St George, South Sydney and Warriors matches.

Souths jag a 1 point win.
Guess should make us feel better as if they lost we would have been second on ladder if forward pass had been called.

Latest posts