What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 16 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
With Origin on a break we're back to the bread and butter of top-level league, club footy. Tonight, 'The Battle of Brookvale', reprise. Does the bitter feeling ever subside? Manly v Melbourne, of course.

Friday, it's a keen spoon-fight, the disappointing Knights at home to the Titans. The Newcastle fans will be particularly upset if they lose this one at home, in the forecast wet. They've paid good money for starters.

The Panthers, off their Origin heroics, are back home to face the Roosters. I have a crazy Roosters mate who's simply lost his nerve this year. He's rostered himself on at work rather than head down to Penrith for this. But who can blame him?

Saturday, it's the improved Dogs v Sharks. If I was in the Bulldogs management I'd try to transfer every home game this year to Belmore, just to take advantage of this resurgence. But is it fragile? We'll find out. The Cows v Broncos will be good, as always, but both sides are going so well too.

The Rabbitohs v Eels is the prime-time game. This will be hard to pick, due to Souths playing beneath their ability and the Eels being flaky.

Sunday, oh Sunday! It's emotional. Mt Smart, of course. But a Tigers side can pop the party balloon. We know that. The important thing though, is just being there.

We close out with the Dragons v Raiders. Both sides haven't lost finals hope. Those two points are crucial in that context.

Enjoy. Especially those Mt Smart drums.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Wish every side had the Storm rulebook to play with. Smith runs through, cleans up Keppie denying him the opportunity to shift across in the line, try

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Wish every side had the Storm rulebook to play with. Smith runs through, cleans up Keppie denying him the opportunity to shift across in the line, try
did you see the replay lol? Smith was getting through the line Keppie was the one who put the shot on Smith.

I love a good Storm bashing but they def werent getting all the calls last night

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Getting some excitement about Sunday now. Hope the weather holds up and they swing the ball around get Walsh going

Blair

Coach
Getting some excitement about Sunday now. Hope the weather holds up and they swing the ball around get Walsh going
My mad Tigers mate told me his side has 'no hope'.

This made me very uncomfortable!

Talking about 'balloons being popped', this has happened a fair bit at Mt Smart.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
My mad Tigers mate told me his side has 'no hope'.

This made me very uncomfortable!

Talking about 'balloons being popped', this has happened a fair bit at Mt Smart.
Walsh ruled out with Covid. There goes 1 balloon

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
did you see the replay lol? Smith was getting through the line Keppie was the one who put the shot on Smith.

I love a good Storm bashing but they def werent getting all the calls last night
He has to run through the line without impeding a defender, especially on the outside shoulder, Keppie may have exaggerated the contact,but he didn’t change his line, but the contact can’t be made if Smith isn’t in the wrong spot, it’s not the defenders job to sidestep him. At least that has been the interpretation for the last few years anyway

JJ

Immortal
Penrith really are good, stating the obvious but the Roosters were terrific and Penrith not at their best

I get the red complaints but that’s always the case and the Roosters generally do well across the board in those sorts of matters

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Penrith really are good, stating the obvious but the Roosters were terrific and Penrith not at their best

I get the red complaints but that’s always the case and the Roosters generally do well across the board in those sorts of matters
I got home from work and turned on the TV. Those men in black! My local team. Is it time to get on the bandwagon?

Latest posts