What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 17 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Penrith win 20-12.

Just on the ABC news, Newtown muted as the possible 18th team next year. The caveat? To be based in Perth.

I don't like that. One, if Newtown come back they should based at Henson Park and two, a Perth team should be just that. If they can't support their own team then why import another?

Penrith win 20-12.

Just on the ABC news, Newtown muted as the possible 18th team next year. The caveat? To be based in Perth.

I don't like that. One, if Newtown come back they should based at Henson Park and two, a Perth team should be just that. If they can't support their own team then why import another?
I thought it would be the Western Bears for sure?

Manly and Storm a bit of a dropfest.
Storm gettind away with some dirty tricks pull back a player in support and Grant tangled then pulled Wood to ground and no tackle restart, just a play the ball.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
We spent a whole set with legs up around our ears with no penalty but he found something for them to help them out of their end. I must have missed the memo last week how touching the ball past the line is a try now, Origin, Sironen last night and the one just gone

gotta keep picking the Vaega bus on the wing

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
How blind are some of these commentators

Pene raised his knee on contact into Crokers plums and they had no idea what was going on

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Garrick is one of the most underrated players in the competition, he won’t be anywhere near the frame but NSW could do a lot worse than considering him

I'm glad our finals fate isn't relying on the 'Manly win by two' equation! If we get that far then let's have it well and truly in our own hands.
Much nicer to be winning and not needing other results.
But yeah it's just would have been nice to get in front of the Storm on the ladder!

GoSouths

Juniors
NAS is the X , Y and Z factor for the Storm. Is there a more terrifying sight then him steaming towards you at a rate of knots. Josh Shuster was like a possum in headlights lol.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I really liked him playing right centre. Koula on the other side.
Yep that was the plan for him all off season, injuries all around the backline have restricted him to 2 games in the centres this year. A grade finisher on the wing and does a great job at fullback too, huge improver the last couple of years

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Isn’t it funny how Brisbane play every Friday night, but all of a sudden after an Origin game they are on a Sunday afternoon

Blair

Coach
Isn’t it funny how Brisbane play every Friday night, but all of a sudden after an Origin game they are on a Sunday afternoon
They're starting to annoy me again, and they'll go after the Dolphins too. 'This town aint big enough for the both of us', etc. Even though Redcliffe isn't technically in Brisbane.

Blair

Coach
LOL Walsh goes in and puts on a 'big, try-saving hit'.

Then the commentator sees the ref's arm go up for a shoulder charge! Then Walsh charges in again, this time at the ref to tell him he 'got it wrong'.

Penalty given, thankfully, GC score to level up at six-all. Halftime.

Edit: bring it on home, tight, GC! 16-6 ahead, in front of 42 thousand people!

Edit: back-to-back tries disallowed by Brisbane! What's happening up there? They're not getting their usual calls...

...now back to normal, Sami's try disallowed at the other end...and Brisbane duly given a converted try that looked to be held up!

16-12, Titans. 15 mins to go.

Last edited: