What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 17 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
After the headbutts, send-offs and inevitable Queensland win last night we're back into club footy.

Friday, and it's important, St George host 'the Wahs' (sorry, we're discussing that in other threads and I'll only use it once, to show off how silly it looks). Will Hunt play? He might, just to show other clubs how tough he is at 33. Will his teammates rally around the Red V? It's tough to pick that. I know there's a good Warriors supporters group going down anyway.

Saturday, and Bennett's Dolphins are at a crossroads. First season, went good early, but can they grind mid-season? The Eels are in form too, so it might be a further slide for the home team. The Panthers and Knights will be tight. The Samson-effect might be missing through suspension? But at home they have the depth to win, even with a second-string halves combo and some tired Origin forwards.

Melbourne host Manly in the main game. Origin has raised its ugly head here, with Tom T out (I presume) just when Manly really needed him to get back on track for the top-eight.

Sunday, it's all Queensland again with the Broncos v Titans. Will Walsh play? Does he get a suspension for his send-off last night? The Rabbitohs are still undermanned but they should hold out NQ at home. It's a cold - winter solstice - weekend in Sydney.

We finish with a beauty I reckon, the Roosters (they'll have even less fans late on a Sunday night and after going so poorly) against the Raiders, who want to put their Croker celebration loss behind them. Both Robbo and Ricky will be extra tense, as it's no time for losing.

Enjoy.

JJ

Immortal
If I was a Titans fan, I'd be pretty happy - of course Brennan and Holbrook had decent reputations, but ultimately only Cartwright has done much, and he had a team of hardened veterans...

Old mate Dessie, he's proven, I hope it works for them

JJ

Immortal
and Meninga surprised by it, but his tenure has hardly been a success

Blair

Coach
As we've been discussing, Lodge has been released by the Roosters. There's going to be a set of fans hearing the news that he's suddenly arriving at their club.

I'd hate that now, despite us paying his wages and being short of another bopping prop!

JJ

Immortal
As we've been discussing, Lodge has been released by the Roosters. There's going to be a set of fans hearing the news that he's suddenly arriving at their club.

I'd hate that now, despite us paying his wages and being short of another bopping prop!
wouldn't it be funny/interesting/tragic if they announced he was back, and the alpha male stuff had been sorted in the Mt Smart carpark

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It amazes me that any other clubs would go anywhere near Lodge

What’s that, 5 contracts in a row he couldn’t see out ? Word is as soon as the Roosters told him he wasn’t going to be there next year he has been his usual dickhead self around the club

Izz

Bench
wouldn't it be funny/interesting/tragic if they announced he was back, and the alpha male stuff had been sorted in the Mt Smart carpark
I'll take tragic out of those 3 options. I'm pretty sure Cappy and Webby are smart enough not to bring him back though. Guy is grade A toxic

Blair

Coach
Thrashed by the Warriors, the Dragons need to send Hunt packing, as requested by him.

Dolphins gets slaughter at halftime conceded 42 points!
Eels currently with 2nd best points diff on ladder, will over take Panthers next half aar this rate.

JJ

Immortal
pretty scary half from the Dolphins, with the Dragons seem absolutely shot at the moment

Blair

Coach
pretty scary half from the Dolphins, with the Dragons seem absolutely shot at the moment
I wanted the Dolphins to have a reality check (they were annoying me, five minutes in the comp and making finals) but I also didn't want to see them collapse in form either.

Edit: 48-20, Eels. Final. A bit of respectability in the end for Redcliffe.

Last edited: