What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 17 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Api cops the RTS sin bin
It's raining again too and a miserable night for Tigers fans, they're yet to score.

26-0...

...LOL, now they'r down to 11 players! Api and Doueihi in the bin. 32-0. Actually, it's not really funny, we like the Tigers.

They score a late one. 40-6, Roosters. Final.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The table has probably sorted itself out to where it should be. The top 4 are the top 4, albeit with the Sharks having a slight question mark, and below them it is week in week out a tough game with a bit of luck and injuries here and there deciding the results

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It's raining again too and a miserable night for Tigers fans, they're yet to score.

26-0...

...LOL, now they'r down to 11 players! Api and Doueihi in the bin. 32-0. Actually, it's not really funny, we like the Tigers.
Have been watching since 1991, and I’m sure I can’t recall seasons as wet as this one and last year, just seems to be relentless rain on the weekend, go back 30 years and they would have been playing in mudpits every week

Blair

Coach
I've just noticed that the last four games from this round had the losing side all scoring six points. Freaky!

Rd 17 Ladder:

rd17.jpg

It's disappointing from our point of view and we just can't lose from here on in! Wests have slipped back to last and Melbourne look the goods.

Blair

Coach
Have been watching since 1991, and I’m sure I can’t recall seasons as wet as this one and last year, just seems to be relentless rain on the weekend, go back 30 years and they would have been playing in mudpits every week.
The amount of water around is too much, although, as others have mentioned, we do have dry spells.

1991, as we've discussed, was perhaps league's greatest season. From memory, TV2 did the Friday night slot? And it was Channel 10 giving the feed.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The table has probably sorted itself out to where it should be. The top 4 are the top 4, albeit with the Sharks having a slight question mark, and below them it is week in week out a tough game with a bit of luck and injuries here and there deciding the results
I see plenty of change between spots 5 and 14 by the end of the season though. Two wins separate those sides and there’s 10 rounds to go. Any one of those sides could go on a streak and lock in 5th or 6th, conversely none of them are safe.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I've just noticed that the last four games from this round had the losing side all scoring six points. Freaky!

Rd 17 Ladder:

rd17.jpg

It's disappointing from our point of view and we just can't lose from here on in! Wests have slipped back to last and Melbourne look the goods.
We probably need 5 more wins to make the 8 I reckon. Possibly 4, but that’d really be scraping it. One thing in our favour is we still have two byes in hand, including in the final round, so that’s 4 points automatically in that period.
the fact that there’s no easy beats this year is pulling the cutoff for the 8 down a bit because there’s more points going to the bottom sides- but that’s being countered somewhat by the top sides regularly dropping games to mid table teams too.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
We probably need 5 more wins to make the 8 I reckon. Possibly 4, but that’d really be scraping it. One thing in our favour is we still have two byes in hand, including in the final round, so that’s 4 points automatically in that period.
the fact that there’s no easy beats this year is pulling the cutoff for the 8 down a bit because there’s more points going to the bottom sides- but that’s being countered somewhat by the top sides regularly dropping games to mid table teams too.
It's a pretty decent run home, if you're intending on making a run to the finals.

5th, 12th, 17th, 16th, 6th, 9th, 5th, 3rd plus a couple of byes. Only thing is, that only 3 of the 8 are at home (not that we've been that sparkling at home, but still).

Huge game into the bye this week, as it was against the Panthers and Dolphins last time out.

It's a pretty decent run home, if you're intending on making a run to the finals.

5th, 12th, 17th, 16th, 6th, 9th, 5th, 3rd plus a couple of byes. Only thing is, that only 3 of the 8 are at home (not that we've been that sparkling at home, but still).

Huge game into the bye this week, as it was against the Panthers and Dolphins last time out.
Is it weird to feel quietly confident in our team?
Yes, it's now or never against the Doggies.
Besides a victory I would love it if someone dispensable would uppercut Mahoney for all fans of the NRL.
He gets the "Tough Competitor" tag instead of "Cheap Grub"

13 wins will guarantees you a top 8 spot (32 points) according to the "experts"
We need 6 wins from 8 (33points)
The draw we had may allow us to have 5 wins (31points) depending on Manly for and against.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
13 wins will guarantees you a top 8 spot (32 points) according to the "experts"
We need 6 wins from 8 (33points)
The draw we had may allow us to have 5 wins (31points) depending on Manly for and against.
31 could do it anyway. It really depends on what the teams at the very top and bottom of the table do, the more games they win the more points it sucks away from the mid table and brings the entry threshold down.

It isn’t a bias against the Warriors, it’s more that the token diversity card in Badger has to be backed
Yea spot on. The NRL would rather be accused of incompetency or even favouritism than sexism. Its a minefield of their own making but the teams on the end of her decisions are the ones suffering for it.

Latest posts