What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 19 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Finallly, a mostly sunny weekend in Sydney, and just Sydney's luck, they only have two games in which to dry out!

Tonight, it's back to the future of sorts for Wayne, his Dolphins are at Redcliffe against Souths. I just wish both teams were at full strength but, as we know, the monster looms large over this round.

Friday in the Shire, Sharks and Tigers. I can feel the desperation from here (Blue Mountains) and I'd just love Wests to win, one reason is that it keeps the top-eight alive for other teams.

Saturday, two in Q. First up at Robina let's have an extra-angry Fifita sticking it to Billy, whether the latter's watching or not. The Eels must know their season is shot but a win here is still something they need, showing their fans that they still matter, in another year of torment. Ex-coach Arthur will likely head the new WA team, so it's a big win, for him.

Brisbane face a bit of a nemesis playing St George, recent one, not way back in '92/93, of course. The Dragons have big support up there and have upset the hometeam on a couple of occasions. Once again, though, the absent Origin stars rob it of a lot of interest.

Sunday, Brookie will still be packed against Newcastle and there's always banter about '97. That stuff never dies. Cherry-Evans and Ponga would've made it more real though.

Enjoy.

Blair

Coach
The ABC's David Morrow is being inducted into the NRL's Hall Of Fame as a contributor. He's been on radio for eons but is now ill.

I believe a former player is being inducted this week too. I'm not aware of the criteria, but the rules were changed to just being retired for three years. No Cam Smith though, ay? He can be inducted sometime in the future. Go for someone like Ron Coote, who won't be around as long.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ladder predictor is dogshit if you do it automatically though, it just predicts the higher placed team to win every week.

Blair

Coach
"A brain explosion from Taane Milne!"

He blows a certain try, which Souths badly needed. Thank god he's no longer with us.

24-10, Dolphins. It's almost done the Dolphins way...hold it, Gagai's in. Plenty of time left.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
There’s a good offseason thread, the special needs 13

May bros
Milne
Simple Jack Hetherington
Corey Horseburger
our boy Jackson Ford

who else?
Greg Inglis probably needs a start after ringing the broncos and saying he couldn’t come coz it’s raining and the planes can’t fly in the wet, and also trying to kick the field goal to win the game when Souths were behind by 2

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
We’ll be back up to 13th at minimum courtesy of the bye. 12th if the Dragons beat the Broncs, not sure if we really want that result though as it’d cement the Dragons into the 8.

Blair

Coach
I was keeping it to current players, an all time 13 would be a while different matter.
Julian O'Neill is someone we'll leave for that different matter. I'm just mentioning him now because my mother met him and Willie Carne in a bar in New Orleans in 1997.

There's a photo which I'll try and find and post but, back in May, we mentioned it and mum said Carne was nice but she really didn't like O'Neill.

Blair

Coach
The Bunnies winning streak comes to an end and the Dolphins get a much-needed two points.

Six tries-a-piece, 36-28, Dolphins. Goal-kicking was the difference, but Wighton says it's not that, it's the errors and his poor kicking game.