What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 21 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
We're into the twenty-somethings now which means the final countdown has begun, good news for some, bad news for others.

Going by the responses to last week's thread it may be the case where us Warriors fans have already begun to tune out to the bad news! If so, this thread will die a natural death.

Tomorrow, I can hear the reports: 'the Warriors kept their slim-finals hopes alive with a thumping win over the Tigers...' But, in reality, Tigers can bite and we're probably gone anyway. May as well throw the ball around and entertain the big crowd, eh?

The Eels need to lose by a lot if they're to get the spoon, but Melbourne is the side that can send them hurtling in that sorry direction. Perhaps the spoon is a blessing? The new coach, Ryles, could then justify a clean out.

Saturday is big. Broncos v Bulldogs, Cows v Sharks and, the blockbuster, the Roosters and Sea Eagles will keep us keen, particularly if our boys have started the weekend well for us! Gee, the Chooks. They can't beat the big teams like Melbourne and Penrith, can they? They have lofty standards. This is a big fail for Robbo.

Sunday, three more, as if we weren't already overloaded with league. St George have had a nice run but Penrith aren't in the losing mood, especially since they were stunned by the Dragons earlier this year. The Queensland derby has both the Dolphins and Titans with bloody noses from last week and we close with Sticky's overrated Raiders probably eking out another lucky win over battling Souths, whose mini-winning run was stalled a week ago.

Enjoy.

Blair

Coach
Friday, beer o'clock, a full round of footy ahead, my team kicking off in half an hour (with a finals pulse), clear Sydney skies with a setting sun, a day off tomorrow...it doesn't get much better.

In news, Crichton is out for the Dogs with an injury, which could be serious, Doueihi's out injured again for the Tigers, what a tragedy.

The Women's NRL season kicks off this weekend. No Warriors, which is disappointing.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Women’s NRL doesn’t grab me at all tbh

200 games for the Queen at Parra tonight, can they produce something
Parra are switched on combined with a poor start by Melbourne.

On the homefront? The mrs has just called me 'drunk'. I've had two and a half beers. The injustice!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Classic Parra, bomb a try and Storm go the length

Hahah drunk on the win. I’ve managed to get my hands on a couple of tickets to the NZ NBL grand final on Sunday afternoon, I may be drunk after that if the Rams get up