What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gardenia

Juniors
"The Bulldogs have reportedly had a bid to sign sacked Super League forward Siosiua Taukeiaho rejected by the NRL.

News Corp reports the Bulldogs were blocked because the NRL ruled the mid-season trade window had closed.

The former Rooster was sacked by Catalans for skipping a training session to attend a music concert with fellow former NRL player Jayden Nikorima earlier this month, with the players pretending to be sick.

The NRL’s rejection is a blow to a Canterbury side whose forward stocks are severely depleted. Max King, Jaeman Salmon and Ryan Sutton have all been sidelined in recent weeks, leaving the club short on depth and desperately hoping for the NRL to allow the mid-season swap."

Up yours Gus!
Yep suck eggs Gould
Thats what happens when you sign too many utilities
Should have let us have Connor Tracey

TheRev

First Grade
Why pay more. We would be bidding against ourself. Seems like none else is after him and Knights must move him on.
I hear ya, but the way MC described it was Daniel wasnt one of that Newcastle 'desperately' want gone, so if they r gonna be eating 300k + replacement costs, they prob wouldnt do it.. plus once Stefano goes, do the Tigers or Souths or Parra or some other party enter the equation...

But its all media talk right.. im sure we will come to an agreement.. seems like its all just negotiation tactics to get the price where flanno wants it.

qld redvee

Juniors
I hear ya, but the way MC described it was Daniel wasnt one of that Newcastle 'desperately' want gone, so if they r gonna be eating 300k + replacement costs, they prob wouldnt do it.. plus once Stefano goes, do the Tigers or Souths or Parra or some other party enter the equation...

But its all media talk right.. im sure we will come to an agreement.. seems like its all just negotiation tactics to get the price where flanno wants it.
Rev i think your right we need to offer/settle on a fair price to get deal done. Last thing we need is to dither around playing too hard ball and have another team swoop in and take him so we are once again left with nothing

TheRev

First Grade
I dont think cooling off would apply in the Saifiti deal where the in-contract player has been tapped by his club, im not even sure if Daniel is in the negotiation.. seems like its between Saints and Newcastle, as Newcastle are the ones picking up the rest of the bill.

It would apply to Blaize though where hes put himself on the market and Parra would get a chance to win him back 'if' he did indeed sign with us or whoever..

Latest posts