What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 24 2024 - General Non-Warriors thread

Big Marn

Bench
C'mon Tigers, hold out! Five mins to go.

Edit: and they did, but only just (they're the Tigers after all. A forward pass stopped Souths from scoring two tries in the last three minutes.

18-16, Wests. Final. Benji looked like he was close to tears.
I didnt watch this game. Souths AND Tigers fans were blowing up about Belinda Sharpe after the game. Was she really that bad? I guess she got the forward pass at the end but apparently missed a bunch of other stuff.

Rich102

Staff member
I used to work in the Manchester Unity building on the corner of Victoria Street and Hobson Street. The ground floor in those days was a theater leased by TVNZ to film 'On the Mat' hosted by Steve Rickard and Earnie Leonard, later Barry Holland. We leased half the 3rd floor and later on TVNZ moved their sports department into the other half. Graham Thorne was always friendly and we were always invited to watch the live feeds with them. Tony Palmer was motorsport. Never really interested in league. But got given the league gig and totally cocked it up. Good pubs around there in those days, Empire across the road, and I can't remember the name of the pub on the corner of Hobson and Wellesley Street, downstairs. The On the Mat wrestlers were accommodated there. King Curtiss was always very outgoing and liked a drop. They had a good eaterie there too.

Big Marn

Bench

you might be interested in this website Blair. Its got a lot of old NZ tv shows on it from the past plus a bunch of other stuff.
I was watching a bit of Fred Daggs piss take on Country Calendar yesterday.

JJ

Immortal
I used to work in the Manchester Unity building on the corner of Victoria Street and Hobson Street. The ground floor in those days was a theater leased by TVNZ to film 'On the Mat' hosted by Steve Rickard and Earnie Leonard, later Barry Holland. We leased half the 3rd floor and later on TVNZ moved their sports department into the other half. Graham Thorne was always friendly and we were always invited to watch the live feeds with them. Tony Palmer was motorsport. Never really interested in league. But got given the league gig and totally cocked it up. Good pubs around there in those days, Empire across the road, and I can't remember the name of the pub on the corner of Hobson and Wellesley Street, downstairs. The On the Mat wrestlers were accommodated there. King Curtiss was always very outgoing and liked a drop. They had a good eaterie there too.
Ernie Leonard probably doesn’t get enough respect for what he achieved, notably for Maori in broadcasting

JJ

Immortal

you might be interested in this website Blair. Its got a lot of old NZ tv shows on it from the past plus a bunch of other stuff.
I was watching a bit of Fred Daggs piss take on Country Calendar yesterday.
John Clarke, iconic in NZ and probably Aust too