What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 27 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Gus telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth? hmm
Weidler has reported that the version Addo-Carr has given the Dogs and the police version aren’t matching up. Hopefully he and Gould are on TV together tonight lolIMG_6406.jpeg

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
https://x.com/PhilGould15/status/1832979409793622375:

"RUMOUR MILL REGARDING JOSH ADDO-CARR
in response to circulating rumours and now several media enquiries regarding Josh Addo-Carr -
On Friday evening Josh was pulled over and subjected to a random roadside drug test. The test results were negative and Josh was allowed to continue on his way. Happens to all of us at some stage on the roads. It’s the Police keeping the community safe. We appreciate their work. There is absolutely no truth to rumours that Josh had any issue. None whatsoever. Enjoy your finals football everyone."
Huge difference between this and what Brent Read says. Someone has it horribly wrong

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Interesting that the Dogs had a 2nd meeting with Addo-Carr with Gus now saying they may rest him this week due to the distraction …

JJ

Immortal
"degrees of truth" - I must remember that one...

Actually seems like there is some confusion - police were called away and he drove home? He might not have been aware the test was positive and/or might have legal grounds around how it was handled...

Standing down is interesting, especially if he's maintaining he didn't use anything... either way I think the kerfuffle helps Manly, but could actually focus the Doggies.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just watched a 2min piece from Gus, said Addo-Carr told them there was nothing to worry about and wouldn’t hear anymore of it, which turned out to be wrong. The club can’t stand him down at all under RLPA rules, as they wait for a B sample, which may take 8 weeks to come back, so they are saying he made the decision himself

Putting 2 and 2 together I think Josh may know what the result of the B sample is going to be

Reactions: JJ

Blair

Coach
Just watched a 2min piece from Gus, said Addo-Carr told them there was nothing to worry about and wouldn’t hear anymore of it, which turned out to be wrong. The club can’t stand him down at all under RLPA rules, as they wait for a B sample, which may take 8 weeks to come back, so they are saying he made the decision himself

Putting 2 and 2 together I think Josh may know what the result of the B sample is going to be
A shame. I like The Fox. He has a pleasant demeanor, in contrast to his mate, Mitchell.

Blair

Coach
The Wahs are dead and buried for season 2024.

Rd 27 - and final - Ladder:

1725967804687.png

Mirroring Richie Benaud's beautiful sign-off after the underarm game:

'...a disgraceful effort, from a coach who got his sums wrong...'

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Interesting that the Dogs had a 2nd meeting with Addo-Carr with Gus now saying they may rest him this week due to the distraction …

This article is so weird, this situation is so bizarre.

A do-or-die semi and a guy who apparently had a test that showed negative to all drugs, is voluntarily standing down? I'd be picketing at Mt Smart if we stood down a rep winger for a finals match to 'avoid distraction'.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade

This article is so weird, this situation is so bizarre.

A do-or-die semi and a guy who apparently had a test that showed negative to all drugs, is voluntarily standing down? I'd be picketing at Mt Smart if we stood down a rep winger for a finals match to 'avoid distraction'.
“Just had to duck out and get a phone charger”

Fair chance one of the other lads in the squad had a cable he could attach too

Just listened to 100% Footy, Gould is a sensational leader, handled every question well, got a sense of how pissed off he was though

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Holy f**k man. What a stupid, lying merkin.

Plus that ogre Gus for playing his usual 'f**k you media' lying BS game when he had no right to.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Holy f**k man. What a stupid, lying merkin.

Plus that ogre Gus for playing his usual 'f**k you media' lying BS game when he had no right to.

Have you listened to Gus on any of the NRL on Nine podcasts ? I think he has handled it extremely well tbh, that initial tweet was all sent out off the version of events Addo-Carr was giving him. It wasn’t until after that tweet that the real facts started to surface and I think from that point Gus covered himself well like he didn’t trust what was coming out of Addo Carrs mouth and why they advised him to sit this one out

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Have you listened to Gus on any of the NRL on Nine podcasts ? I think he has handled it extremely well tbh, that initial tweet was all sent out off the version of events Addo-Carr was giving him. It wasn’t until after that tweet that the real facts started to surface and I think from that point Gus covered himself well like he didn’t trust what was coming out of Addo Carrs mouth and why they advised him to sit this one out
Nah, I just read an initial story where it seemed to me like he just took JAC's word for it and said it was baseless. I think reading the following quotes, you're right, but gee he's put a lot of faith in the honesty of a guy whose story never stood up.

Gould went on to reiterate that this is “Josh’s decision” to stand himself down from Sunday’s game

“However, putting the club first and the team first Josh has made the decision to stand down from this week’s game and not make himself available, so the team can get on with its preparation and the media can get on with promoting the game.”

“I don’t think he had deliberately misled me or lied to me. He probably didn’t give me the whole version of what had happened there on the night, which I now have at my disposal.”

Gould said he found Addo-Carr’s story “very believable”.

Gould then thanked Addo-Carr for putting the club first in standing down.

“There is a lot of people that will be disappointed that Josh is not playing, but in talking to Josh this morning he realised it was probably the right thing to do right at the moment on behalf of the team and the club and I thank him for that,” Gould said.

Latest posts