What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 27 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
He should be sacked for lying and bringing the club into disrepute, when he clearly left the camp to do cocaine, then drove (f**kwit - get an Uber, you are on $850k a year) and then lied.

JAC has shat all over the club and taken away the focus from the Dogs' first trip to the finals in 8 years. If they get smashed on the weekend, it'll make it even worse.

Reactions: JJ

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Nah, I just read an initial story where it seemed to me like he just took JAC's word for it and said it was baseless. I think reading the following quotes, you're right, but gee he's put a lot of faith in the honesty of a guy whose story never stood up.

Gould went on to reiterate that this is “Josh’s decision” to stand himself down from Sunday’s game

“However, putting the club first and the team first Josh has made the decision to stand down from this week’s game and not make himself available, so the team can get on with its preparation and the media can get on with promoting the game.”

“I don’t think he had deliberately misled me or lied to me. He probably didn’t give me the whole version of what had happened there on the night, which I now have at my disposal.”

Gould said he found Addo-Carr’s story “very believable”.

Gould then thanked Addo-Carr for putting the club first in standing down.

“There is a lot of people that will be disappointed that Josh is not playing, but in talking to Josh this morning he realised it was probably the right thing to do right at the moment on behalf of the team and the club and I thank him for that,” Gould said.

They are definitely playing games with that part of things, RLPA rules dictate the Dogs can’t take that decision themselves, he did mention he and Ciraldo put the options in front of him

100% Footy is a good listen, where Weidler is sitting beside him asking questions. Carefully using statements like “Josh got confused and believes his version of events” etc, Addo-Carr walked in Saturday morning and told him he tested negative, and there was nothing to worry about because he was allowed to drive home and it wouldn’t be heard of again. He was probably a bit naive to believe that though and that’s when the coppers put out the true story

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
He should be sacked for lying and bringing the club into disrepute, when he clearly left the camp to do cocaine, then drove (f**kwit - get an Uber, you are on $850k a year) and then lied.

JAC has shat all over the club and taken away the focus from the Dogs' first trip to the finals in 8 years. If they get smashed on the weekend, it'll make it even worse.

Maloney got sacked for plenty less, he is getting absolutely hammered for it on his podcast too haha

Has been talk about how Josh hasn’t been in any trouble in his career, but I seem to remember some dumb shit during covid. They’ve also alluded to some personal issues he has been having off the park so I’m not sure the club actually backed his version of anything at all after the initial debacle

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
They are definitely playing games with that part of things, RLPA rules dictate the Dogs can’t take that decision themselves, he did mention he and Ciraldo put the options in front of him

100% Footy is a good listen, where Weidler is sitting beside him asking questions. Carefully using statements like “Josh got confused and believes his version of events” etc, Addo-Carr walked in Saturday morning and told him he tested negative, and there was nothing to worry about because he was allowed to drive home and it wouldn’t be heard of again. He was probably a bit naive to believe that though and that’s when the coppers put out the true story
I'll have a listen for sure. I get the naivety and probably trying to cover it up, hoping the call out to the home invasion saved him.

I just feel for Dogs fans. They must be ropable. Imagine if someone like CNK got done for the same on the eve of our finals campaign last year?