What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Round Twenty Fixture

franklin2323

Immortal
exactly even if 4 out of 24 games were a day game atleast. Fans who can't make nite games. At least get a chance to watch some games live other sports have a way to do it y can't we

skeepe

Immortal
I actually think the reason Canberra get most of their home games on Sunday afternoons at the moment is because the commentators don't want to deal with a cold winter night :lol:

That and the Raiders make a request of them that we get most of our home games on a Sunday. Maybe this is what supporters of the other clubs should be telling their clubs to do. The Raiders always do it, and it seems to work for us - of our 9 home games scheduled up to round 20, 7 are Sunday afternoon matches.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Rabbitohs Request More Sunday Games

28 May 2009

SundayAfternoonFootballDetail-65548ef3-9033-4f27-a2d0-f72662f513b4.jpg

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have expressed to the NRL their disappointment at the Round 20 draw that was released yesterday, with the Rabbitohs home game against the Roosters being scheduled for Monday Night Football.
“The game against the Roosters is one of our biggest games of the year and to be scheduled on a Monday night makes it more challenging for our Members, our supporters and our corporate partners to enjoy our arch-rival derby to the fullest,” Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said.
“We have helped deliver some fantastic crowds to away games in recent times, particularly the Roosters game in round one and the Tigers game at the SCG in round ten.
“We realise the draw is determined by the television networks selection process, however arch rival local derbies need to be given greater consideration, to maximise the ability for Members and supporters to attend and back their teams, especially when it comes to rivalries that stretch back 102 years.”
This will be the Rabbitohs’ fourth Monday Night Football game of the year, with six rounds still to be scheduled.
The Club will be working with the NRL to deliver at least two Sunday matches from the remaining three home games yet to be scheduled against the Bulldogs, Titans and Dragons. The round 20 clash between the Rabbitohs and the Roosters has been scheduled for Monday 27 July at 7pm.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/Rabbitohs-Request-More-Sunday-Games.html

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Well, when you consider Souffs were playing the Roosters who are going like busteds, it was never going to be a Sunday or Friday game ...

Eels Dude

Coach
I actually think the reason Canberra get most of their home games on Sunday afternoons at the moment is because the commentators don't want to deal with a cold winter night :lol:

That and the Raiders make a request of them that we get most of our home games on a Sunday. Maybe this is what supporters of the other clubs should be telling their clubs to do. The Raiders always do it, and it seems to work for us - of our 9 home games scheduled up to round 20, 7 are Sunday afternoon matches.

This isn't a cheap shot. But it may also be due to the fact that the sunday afternoon timeslot is last in the pecking order for the Broadcasting networks. I'm pretty sure the way it works is Nine pick 2 the two games they want for friday, Fox pick the next 2... maybe even 3, normally one for saturday and another for monday, then Nine pick their choice of sunday televised game. That leaves 2-3 games which just get shoved in whatever timeslot is available. Naturally sunday arvo.

Eels Dude

Coach
Why not the 2.30pm Sunday game, shown on Fox?

Because Fox have the right to choose their games for the slots. Monday Night Football is a priority for them because there is just one game on a Monday night and no competition from other networks. It's a shame it's the monday game, I would have thought it would be fitting for Friday Night footy or the sunday Nine game but I guess not. Until the broadcasting deal changes we'll have to put up with these issues.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
When was the last time there was a 2:30pm game on FOX? :sarcasm:

typicalfan

Coach
Because the Canberra-Wests Tigers game is a better option.
And because teams get to pick their preferences at the start of the year and they usually get adhered to as much as possible.

Canberra request the Sunday game due to weather. They had many many Sunday games last year too.

Bernster

Juniors
Cowboys v Panthers.....Dang!

That is clashing with the Townsville Cup. Oh well...At least the Cheergirls won't be there thinking as if their sh!t don't stink.....Especially that fake assed skank Renee!

LESStar58

Referee
SUBJECT: SCHEDULE – ROUND 20

MATCH SCHEDULE – ROUND 20 (July 24 - 27)
Friday 24 July, 2009

Titans Vs Broncos Skilled Park 7.35pm (Ch 9)
Sea Eagles Vs Knights Bluetongue Stadium 7.35pm (Ch 9)
Saturday 25 July, 2009

Bulldogs Vs Eels ANZ Stadium 5.30pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)
Cowboys Vs Panthers Dairy Farmers Stadium 7.30pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)
Storm Vs Sharks Olympic Park 7.30pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)
Sunday 26 July, 2009

Raiders Vs Wests Tigers Canberra Stadium 2.00pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)
Warriors Vs Dragons Mt Smart Stadium 4.00pm (Ch 9)(2.00pm Syd)
Monday 27 July, 2009

Rabbitohs Vs Roosters ANZ Stadium 7.00pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)

I'll be up the following week for Storm Vs Saints. Anyone know if thats going to be a Sunday game at Oki or a Friday night somewhere else or what?

I'd appreciate it if someone can let me know.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Um, you'll find out when everyone else does, when it's announced either next Wednesday or the Wednesday after.

Latest posts