What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

Perth Red

Post Whore
While not like for like, given average wage in Australia is like $100k, shows how bad the younger guys have it in a collision sport
I think people also underestimate, mainly because they arent valued and are young, that these are the best of the best in their profession. Its not like anyone can just lace up some boots and provide the same service. if they could we wouldn't be having a conversation about player depth!

Iamback

Coach
Looks like the female executive is going to get thrown under the bus. Yeh Im sure Abdo knew nothing about it and Vlandys was shocked to hear of such underhand behavior by his snr team lol Remember this is the same group that tried to underpay the players by "miscalculating" the NRL's revenue and conveniently forgetting to ad din a $60mill payment! I wouldn't bloody trust them either if i was an RLPA rep.

Their is an indendent investigation going on, Best to wait for that then 100% trust a leaked letter

siv

First Grade
Can I delay my NRL revenue payments based upon the RLPA delays

Or reduce my RL fee by 1 24th if a strike occurs

T-Boon

Coach
I think the RLPA should demand semi pro hours, such that the players can, if they want, have day jobs (or university). RL itself is a sport that is better off being under coached anyway, so make some college football type rules about when the NRL coach has access to them (strictly between 7pm and 9pm monday to friday for example).
That is what would be best for NRL players, both second tier and lower.

Pneuma

First Grade
I think the RLPA should demand semi pro hours, such that the players can, if they want, have day jobs (or university). RL itself is a sport that is better off being under coached anyway, so make some college football type rules about when the NRL coach has access to them (strictly between 7pm and 9pm monday to friday for example).
That is what would be best for NRL players, both second tier and lower.
This is an incredible idea.

Diesel

Referee
So if the players strike, it’s going to be the ones on the lower income to feel it. 9/Fox are going to withhold payments if games aren’t played, like COVID times, while at the same time getting value on reporting such matters via their media sites, and therefore collecting revenue

T-Boon

Coach
It pretty much comes down to Clint Newton not wanting to fail at this role too. He doesn’t realise success isn’t winning every battle it’s about getting home from the war.
Clint is known locally to be pretty dumb. He has no credentials at all.
It was really embarrassing when he was made in charge of the players association.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Clint is known locally to be pretty dumb. He has no credentials at all.
It was really embarrassing when he was made in charge of the players association.
He doesn’t even present as someone who I feel like deserves to be respected. I feel like someone like Ben Ross would have been a better former player to hold that position.

mozza91

Coach
Having a slack jawed pinhead like Yeo speaking for the players is a bad look.
I want to see someone beautiful like Reece Walsh or Nicho Hynes on screen, preferably shirtless.