What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

Iamback

Coach
Everyone here seems to have ignored this one. To have been asked three times if the meeting was recorded only to have admitted it the third time is deadset terrible and dumb business by the NRL. If Abdo knew about the recording (which would be an extremely high possibility), he must go.
Im not a fan of the way both sides have handled this....but to lie about a meeting being taped is pretty serious business.

Like with the off field stuff I comment when all the facts come out, It doesn't look good how it was reported that is true

Does every club have a representive with the RLPA? I’m hearing quotes from a few Storm & Brisbane players, a handful of Sydney clubs. Is this being driven by all players?

All I know is that a few male players are on the RLPA's Board of Directors, namely: DCE, Wade Graham, Josh Hodgson and Christian Welch (for full list of Directors - https://www.rlpa.com.au/rlpa-board/).

They also have a Men's Player Advisory Group which comprises - DCE, Wade Graham, Josh Hodgson, Christian Welch, Damien Cook, Moses M'bye, Kurt Capewell, Chad Townsend and James Tamou (source: https://www.rlpa.com.au/player-advisory-group/).

As such I dare say that is why we hear these players via the media.

Wb1234

Referee
I don't think communication has been there on both parties
Ok 99.8 percent the players lol

they’ve rejected three different offers and made little concessions

then leak to the media about the arlc taking too long

heck they made vlandys and abdo not go to the World Cup final because it was really urgent to sort out the cba yet somehow Clint Newtown made it over there

it’s not just the leaking to the media. It’s how dishonest they are presenting themselves

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
All I know is that a few male players are on the RLPA's Board of Directors, namely: DCE, Wade Graham, Josh Hodgson and Christian Welch (for full list of Directors - https://www.rlpa.com.au/rlpa-board/).

They also have a Men's Player Advisory Group which comprises - DCE, Wade Graham, Josh Hodgson, Christian Welch, Damien Cook, Moses M'bye, Kurt Capewell, Chad Townsend and James Tamou (source: https://www.rlpa.com.au/player-advisory-group/).

As such I dare say that is why we hear these players via the media.
Interesting list. And the RLPA's problem. They're arguing for better conditions for lower paid players but the players arguing are higher paid players. I get that they're using the high profile player to get exposure but all the public hear is high paid players complaining.

Canard

Immortal
So there is absolutely nothing the players have done wrong in this whole process?

The "both sides" argument is often not genuine because it presents the false equivalence between two opposing views or positions, implying that both are equally valid, even when the evidence, facts, or reality may suggest otherwise.

In many cases, the "both sides" argument is used to downplay the severity of one perspective, especially when it is harmful or unethical, and to maintain a false sense of balance and impartiality. This type of argument can obscure the truth, mislead the public, and undermine the truth.

Iamback

Coach
The "both sides" argument is often not genuine because it presents the false equivalence between two opposing views or positions, implying that both are equally valid, even when the evidence, facts, or reality may suggest otherwise.

In many cases, the "both sides" argument is used to downplay the severity of one perspective, especially when it is harmful or unethical, and to maintain a false sense of balance and impartiality. This type of argument can obscure the truth, mislead the public, and undermine the truth.

It is a Bargaining Agreement though both sides need to give something up it is a simple as that

Iamback

Coach
Interesting list. And the RLPA's problem. They're arguing for better conditions for lower paid players but the players arguing are higher paid players. I get that they're using the high profile player to get exposure but all the public hear is high paid players complaining.

Throw in that the total package is 40% of revenue doesn't help

beave

Coach
There's usually 3 sides to every story.

I am on the side mostly of the players however once they start saying shit like "strike" and go and do it, they've lost me.

The NRL should be ashamed for recording and lying about it in the negotiations.

Both sides should be ashamed for leaking shit to the media as well.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Everyone here seems to have ignored this one. To have been asked three times if the meeting was recorded only to have admitted it the third time is deadset terrible and dumb business by the NRL. If Abdo knew about the recording (which would be an extremely high possibility), he must go.
Im not a fan of the way both sides have handled this....but to lie about a meeting being taped is pretty serious business.
Looks like the female executive is going to get thrown under the bus. Yeh Im sure Abdo knew nothing about it and Vlandys was shocked to hear of such underhand behavior by his snr team lol Remember this is the same group that tried to underpay the players by "miscalculating" the NRL's revenue and conveniently forgetting to ad din a $60mill payment! I wouldn't bloody trust them either if i was an RLPA rep.

Last edited:

Pneuma

First Grade
Looks like the female executive is going to get thrown under the bus. Yeh Im sure Abdo knew nothing about it and Vlandys was shocked to hear of such underhand behavior by his snr team lol
Wow you put a negative spin on this? Whoddathunk?

"The average salary in the NRL is around $370,000 - but that figure is skewed because the big money is earned by a minority of players.

The median salary - the player in the 50th percentile pay bracket - earns around $200,000 less than the average, according to the RLPA.

That means half of NRL players earn less than $175,000 per season, while the average first-grade career lasts just 45 games."

Come on PVL, you even put the link where you decided to not give full context.
While not like for like, given average wage in Australia is like $100k, shows how bad the younger guys have it in a collision sport