What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Weidler says there’s an argument where the nrl want all international players (that are from the nrl) to get the same match payments as the Roos but the rlpa doesn’t want to share the pool with non Roos players
This seems strange to me. The RLPA represent all the players, a large chunk of who are in the Kiwi, Tonga and Samoa teams. I can't see there not being an internal uproar in the RLPA if this were the case.

Bazal

Post Whore
Unions fighting for relevance in a world that's moved past them is never not funny, regardless of which side is right or wrong

Last I saw NRL wants to move the transfer window back to June instead of the November farce we currently have.

Players want it to stay

NRL agreed to a hardship fund. But want to have a say in how it is spent - I guess to stop guys like Hayne having access.

Players want total control.

Origin 3 not sold out - won't without press. Which hits the bottom line. So strange timing

Players should set up a rebel league and take a bigger cut.

Wb1234

Immortal
This seems strange to me. The RLPA represent all the players, a large chunk of who are in the Kiwi, Tonga and Samoa teams. I can't see there not being an internal uproar in the RLPA if this were the case.

Hard to believe that the rlpa is ignoring non Roos players but that’s what Weidler alleges

Delboy

First Grade
Just watched from both Newton and Abdo, and what we found out is that this appears to be a play by Newton for more personal power. The negotiation for money and after career support has been agreed, more payments from the NRL to Intl matches, and what do we see, a silly agro release from Newton stating that everyone in media and clubs will be against them, an attempt to get support from players in general.

Oh well, can’t see the RLPA getting much support from fans earning normal money, when basic wage for the bottom 6 players is $150k and average is $380k. Most of the extra money will no doubt go to the elite 4 or 5 at the top, anyway Newton is a relic playing it like a 70s union official.