What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Team List Wednesday - Big League Magazine

ACTPanthers

Bench
Yeah I know mate, didnt mean to sound aggresive or anything it just seems like the change to wednesdays doesnt really fix what they want it to, team lists will be a little more accurate but you would think most changes to teamlists are happening after wednesday anyway.

All good champion :) And I agree, team lists will never be 100% accurate all the time with injuries at training, personal issues etc.

some11

Referee
The only team lists that matter are the official ones that get released on twitter an hour before the game.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
These kinds changes are fairly typical in the banking world. The division I work in was renamed and restructured 3 or 4 times in as many years because some executive kept wanting it to happen

It is so when it comes time for them to move on/up they can say "I identified a better way of doing this, this and this and I implemented these changes"..etc. A lot of these kinds of changes happening in the NRL recently, little tiky tak things whick skirt around the main issues, which are of course more difficult to fix.

Bingo.. I made the same point before. Corporate types have to effect change, otherwise their paymasters will question why they hired them. The problem is, at best 3/10 changes are worthwhile. The rest are just done for the sake of change or are window dressing and don't really address the problem that was there in the first place, if at all there was one. What they have removed though is consistency, transparency and accountability.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Probably worth waiting for confirmation before all piling on, eh?

Canard

Immortal
Bingo.. I made the same point before. Corporate types have to effect change, otherwise their paymasters will question why they hired them. The problem is, at best 3/10 changes are worthwhile. The rest are just done for the sake of change or are window dressing and don't really address the problem that was there in the first place, if at all there was one. What they have removed though is consistency, transparency and accountability.

All valid points.

But you are having a lend of yourself, if you think the practice of listing teams on a Tuesday isn't problematic, or even archaic.

ek999

First Grade
Got to love LU logic sometimes. Everyone gets up in arms about being dictated to by the media (especially News Ltd) and the NRL need to stop worrying about them. Then the NRL makes a change which is for the better (even if it still isn't ideal) which upsets News Ltd only and people then complain about that.

Changing the naming of the teams to a Wednesday will make it a bit more accurate, especially for the teams that played on the Monday night so it it is a good thing. If Big League can only survive by publishing on a Tuesday night for a Wednesday release yet its major rival can survive publishing a day later then there is something wrong with its business model which is not the NRL's problem

Changing the naming of the teams to a Wednesday will make it a bit more accurate, especially for the teams that played on the Monday night so it it is a good thing. If Big League can only survive by publishing on a Tuesday night for a Wednesday release yet its major rival can survive publishing a day later then there is something wrong with its business model which is not the NRL's problem

Very, very true. Never a better word spoken.

I mean how do they manage in the AFL when you consider they name their teams on Thursday afternoons/ They seem to be ok. Sounds like Big League need to look at their business practices.

franklin2323

Immortal
What's the point of having team lists that aren't accurate anyway? Big League should just print "likely" team rosters

The deadline should be Thursday night in my opinion. That way it's likely to be more relevant and accurate.

How many times do you see in the late mail on Friday arvo x player being given until kickoff to be right? Day doesn't matter changes are part of sport

Canard

Immortal
How many times do you see in the late mail on Friday arvo x player being given until kickoff to be right? Day doesn't matter changes are part of sport

It will increase the likelihood of it being more accurate. I agree that change is part of sport, that's why Big League need for Tuesday seems irrelevant.

ek999

First Grade

Agree you can never do anything to change those situations. But if moving the naming to a Wednesday stops the practice of the teams that played on Monday putting out the exact same team, then the change is a positive

franklin2323

Immortal
It will increase the likelihood of it being more accurate. I agree that change is part of sport, that's why Big League need for Tuesday seems irrelevant.

In that case why release them at all? Tuesday is good because it keeps RL in the press for the whole week. Wed Arvo is already fine due to Thursday night footy etc. Tues allows for:

Monday Weekend wrap preview of MNF..
Tuesday MNF review
Wed teamlists
Thurs preview of TNF
Friday TNF wrap and preview of the rest

So if we are going to release teamlists Tuesday is the best day

Canard

Immortal
In that case why release them at all? Tuesday is good because it keeps RL in the press for the whole week. Wed Arvo is already fine due to Thursday night footy etc. Tues allows for:

Monday Weekend wrap preview of MNF..
Tuesday MNF review
Wed teamlists
Thurs preview of TNF
Friday TNF wrap and preview of the rest

So if we are going to release teamlists Tuesday is the best day

Thursday for mine, with Wednesday being a good compromise. Allow for more accuracy and less MNF teams just copy and pasting last week's squad.

Why cater for a publication that can't get its shit togheter.

Latest posts