What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Team up with Bon Jovi for 2011 theme song

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The composers that do the music for the NFL films folks do an awesome job. Infact we shouldn't go near individual artists and just hire them!

I kinda like the song....reckon it's the sort of tune that will grow on you the more you hear it. Lot's of potential when it's interspersed with some spectacular league vision.

Don't mind the classical music idea, either.

They cant go wrong with Jovi.
They are a huge band , sold out stadiums across Australia
Sold out stadiums across the world.
Enough said.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I kinda like the song....reckon it's the sort of tune that will grow on you the more you hear it. Lot's of potential when it's interspersed with some spectacular league vision.

Don't mind the classical music idea, either.

The BBC had a series called Planet earth with a bloody good intro tune, sort of classic.

This is it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH2Z_1-Frb8

And

ITV used to use Beautiful Day by U2 as the intro for their premier league highlights show, it was pretty good when clips and celebrations were rolled in.

cleary89

Coach
Beautiful day was played after saints won the grand final... About 20 mins before they decide to play oh when the saints.

Lambretta

First Grade
Simply the Best and We Will Rock You that's all you need.

I thought Muse's "Time is running out" would be a good choice, but then I'd forgotten the Knights of Cydonia"

Lyrics include "No ones gonna take us alive"
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you"

and a kick arse heavy guitar riff and loads of crashing drums.
That would rock the house down.

PS. Muse's musical is rock music written in a classical style. Listen to the way the melodys move around. The writer is classically trained and it shows.

Paullyboy

Coach
When reading this thread (and this forum in general) I'm reminded of the old saying "if you try to please everyone, you'll end up failing".

Seriously, have you clowns that are complaining got any idea how ridiculous you all are? Watch the episode of The Simpsons where they go to the kids at the school to design the ultimate toy and they ask for sh*t like "destructive yet cuddly" - that's honestly what you lot would be like if you got to pick anything to do with our great game.

This song will work, the ad will hit the target they need to hit (which isn't you lot in case you're wondering - it'd almost certainly be kids and women).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Everyone on this forum commenting on it is way too close to it.

What we as people who already passionately & closely follow the game need to remember, is that this ad isn't designed for us. We already love the game. It's to get the average person on the street who doesn't follow it all that closely. Getting a big name and a catchy tune, whether you like it or not, is going to draw attention.

The NRL have actually got it right here, irrespective of anyone's opinion on Bon Jovi.

Latest posts