What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL to assume control of the Knights.

Rod

Bench
Most of that seems good enough for the interim at least. I'm curious, does anyone have an issue with the 15,000 members reverting back to normal ticketed members? And therefore I guess having pretty much so say in how the club is run. It doesn't bother me but I just wanted to get a gauge, can be difficult to get an idea living in another country sometimes.

Noname36

First Grade
Most of that seems good enough for the interim at least. I'm curious, does anyone have an issue with the 15,000 members reverting back to normal ticketed members? And therefore I guess having pretty much so say in how the club is run. It doesn't bother me but I just wanted to get a gauge, can be difficult to get an idea living in another country sometimes.

No.

Most Knights would vote in incompetent ex players over people who can actually run a club every time.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Let's gone team

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2...ncement-delayed-for-more-negotiations/?cs=303

NRL's Knights announcement delayed for more negotiations

By ROBERT DILLON

June 13, 2014, 11:09 a.m.
r0_0_599_337_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

See your ad here

NRL chief executive Dave Smith has cancelled a trip to Newcastle to announce the new Knights entity after an unexpected 11th-hour delay.

The Herald was told on Thursday night that Smith would appear at a press conference at Wests Mayfield on Friday to discuss the end of Nathan Tinkler’s reign and the handover to new management, to be run by the NRL for an interim period.
The function was cancelled about 10am on Friday.
The Herald has been told that both the NRL and Knights Members Club were happy for the media briefing to proceed but Tinkler’s Hunter Sports Group – who had reportedly agreed to all terms and conditions more than a week ago – were still perusing documents one last time.
‘‘It’s disappointing,’’ one source said.
The delay is mystifying, given that NRL head of club services Tony Crawford said last week the NRL and HSG had ‘‘agreed on a package which would make the Knights financially secure’’ and HSG chief executive Troy Palmer said eight days ago: ‘‘The NRL and HSG have been agreed for weeks.’’
It was still hoped there would be a statement issued by Friday afternoon, confirming the deal has been done, but Smith is now not expected to visit Newcastle until early next week.
The process of removing Tinkler, the Knights’ first private owner, kicked off almost three months ago when the Herald revealed he was struggling to raise a mandatory $10.52 million bank guarantee.
After protracted negotiations to remove HSG, the NRL has elected to assume control of the franchise until a new owner can be sourced.

Ahh Apey & perverse, I see you've caught the Newie disease aka Bait...Withdraw...Switch.
Step 1. Promise semi attractive option (& by definition semi-unattractive). This must be not what the town deserves/ needs/ wants.
Step 2. Wait for neh-sayers to wish for more
Step 3. Withdraw option 1.
Step 4. Pause
Step 5. Applaud chorus for backlash against ney-sayers
Step 6. Offer option 2. This is the option that serves your purpose. It most definitely is not what the town deserves/ needs/ wants.
Step 7. Wait for those afflicted with the Newie disease to cry "Just make a decision".
Step 8. .... Well you know what happens next!

Tom155

Coach
Newcastle Knights‏@NRLKnights17s
NRL CEO Dave Smith will make an announcement relating to the future of the Knights today - stay tuned for official details #goKnights

Brett Keeble ‏@BrettKeeble 1m
That @NRL media conference about future of @NRLKnights scheduled for yesterday has been rescheduled for 1015am today. @NHSport @LeagueHQ1

Last edited:

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
We know where all the big name signings will be over the next 12 months anyway . Best thing to happen to the knights for sure . Who will sign off on the TPAs ?

Latest posts