What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL to help the Bulldogs

The Colonel

Immortal
Utter bullsh*t..... if he wishes to move clubs on a longer term deal for a lesser amount each year than he should be allowed.

rabbs

Juniors
It was reported that the NRL has valued SBW at a minimum of $500,000 and that no contracts would be registered under that amount.We will probably hear more about this in the papers tomorrow.

Dave Q

Coach
The bulldogs must be in some strife on the player front.

I thought he was from New Zealand not Belmore.

Why didnt they protect Morley for the Roosters?

Front-Rower

First Grade
This surely would be a case of restraint of trade.

I mean, what right do the NRL have to not approve a contract for any player who wishes to continue his trade under a different employer for any given amount of money?

Alsom if the Bulldogs offered him $450k a year, would that then mean the NRL would not approve it. We can't have rules for some, and not others.

Spike

First Grade
Why don't the NRL offer to help the other 15 clubs from losing their players? Why are the Bulldogs given this "special" treatment?

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: what a load of sh*te
SBW can sign with whom ever he likes, for what ever value he likes, be it the bulldogs at 550k a season or South Sydney for a pie and coke after each game (which is not as little value as it seems given the ever increasing prices for a warm coke and a sloppy pie at the SFS)

Choppies

Coach
Le KooK said:
Well the NRL has a history of bending the rules to suit their ends (i.e Mr. Andrew Johns)

They may as well just take Rolf Harris's wobble board and write the 'rules' on it.
Dead set the governing body is a joke.

What happens if the Bulldogs don't have 500K? Nice work there NRL!

rabbs said:
On channel nine news tonight.The NRL will refuse to register any contract for Sonny Bill Williams that is under $500,000 to protect the Bulldogs.

i dont think its really protecting us, what happends if we cant offer him more than 500k?

Charlie124

First Grade
How the hell is he valued at a minimum $500,000???

has he even managed to complete a season yet? his shoulder is made of glass.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I think it's more to do with some club possibly arranging a 3rd party to pay SBW huge money so it doesn't come under the salary cap. Something it looks like the Bulldogs can't arrange at this time. Where's Oasis when you need it.

BTW for those who haven't worked it out yet, the Dogs have offered him $500K. They don't want anybody else to sign him for less than that by rorting the system. Thus why they got the NRL involved.