What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL to help the Bulldogs

Piss off with your andrew johns sh*te le kook.. and it has to be restriction of trade..or is the NRL going to place value on ALL players and work out caps from there?

If dogs cant offer that then he should be able to accept the contract he wants..personally id like to see him finish one season off..at least

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Charlie124 said:
How the hell is he valued at a minimum $500,000???

has he even managed to complete a season yet? his shoulder is made of glass.

I'm pretty sure SBW's shoulder is far from made of glass. Has a bit of a dicky knee but he is the last player i'd want hitting me with his shoulder.

Rocco

Juniors
f**kING bullsh*t!

if scum bag williams wants to leave the puppies for more money than let him. the NRL should not help those povo scums at all

Dogs Of War

Coach
Rocco said:
f**kING bullsh*t!

if scum bag williams wants to leave the puppies for more money than let him. the NRL should not help those povo scums at all

They will let him you moron. It's him going for less money that has got the NRL involved.

[furrycat]

Coach
Charlie124 said:

You made the glass joke once already, it was funny yesterday.

His shoulder hasn't made him miss any games except in 2004 during the off season- its been knee injuries :p

Frederick

Staff member
Charlie124 said:

You're thinking of Bunji

Lowdown

Juniors
NRL showing again how to put the cat amongst the pigeons, and get everyone arguing amongst themselves and not focusing on the actual game...FFS.

Surely they have to understand the basic principle of consistency? Once you open that gate, its impossible to shut. And now this gate is swinging in the breeze and the cattle is just lining up...

If you are going to have a salary cap...then f**king enforce the damn thing, without exception. If Johns wants to go to Union...they should have f**king let him go ruin whats left of his career. If the Dogs are worried about SBW, then stiff sh*t. This entire competition hinges on the premise of fairness and equality. Once those principles are tarnished, the NRL might as well pack up and leave town...and allow some professionals to run the game.

Charlie124

First Grade
[furrycat] said:
You made the glass joke once already, it was funny yesterday.

I (along with many others) have made that observation a number of times, its no less relevant now than it was yesterday, believe it or not I dont just post on here in an attempt to entertain you.

Captain_Fred said:
You're thinking of Bunji

which one is which again?? :roll:

Im thinking of SBW

mattyg

Bench
rocco you really have no ****ing idea whatsoever do you. Just read the title of the thread and go blabbing on about b/s**t.

McCrud

Juniors
Lowdown said:
Surely they have to understand the basic principle of consistency? Once you open that gate, its impossible to shut. And now this gate is swinging in the breeze and the cattle is just lining up...

If you are going to have a salary cap...then f**king enforce the damn thing, without exception. If Johns wants to go to Union...they should have f**king let him go ruin whats left of his career. If the Dogs are worried about SBW, then stiff sh*t. This entire competition hinges on the premise of fairness and equality. Once those principles are tarnished, the NRL might as well pack up and leave town...and allow some professionals to run the game.

Well said.

mattyg

Bench
Lowdown said:
NRL showing again how to put the cat amongst the pigeons, and get everyone arguing amongst themselves and not focusing on the actual game...FFS.

Well you are right in a sense, but the NRL isn't leaving itself open here. If SBW signed on a contract for less than 500,000 while we offered him that money, it would be looked at as a farce. The NRL however, are showing no signs of confidence in the salary cap system they have in place. This move is basically just to stop the NRL from potential legal action if the Bulldogs find out SBW has been paid under the table payments to join another team

Frederick

Staff member
Charlie124 said:
which one is which again?? :roll:
Oh I get it. You're calling me racist because I said you had one kiwi confused with another, as they all look the same. Nice try, but no :)

Im thinking of SBW
No, you're thinking of Bunji. If you think you were thinking about SBW, then I think you're a f**king moron :)
As furry said, SBW has only missed 04 off-season due to shoulder injuries. Benji as missed large portions of the past few years with shoulder injuries.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Souths offered more for Canasten, but he went to the Roosters because he wanted to play for a 'Semi Final side and to make Rep teams'.

So does this mean that if this had happened tomorrow, they would have had to use our bid under their cap?

Lowdown

Juniors
mattyg said:
Well you are right in a sense, but the NRL isn't leaving itself open here. If SBW signed on a contract for less than 500,000 while we offered him that money, it would be looked at as a farce. The NRL however, are showing no signs of confidence in the salary cap system they have in place. This move is basically just to stop the NRL from potential legal action if the Bulldogs find out SBW has been paid under the table payments to join another team

Why should Money be the sole determining factor? If I worked for Company X on $150,000 and hated it, and Company Y offered me $125,000 but I like the location, lifestyle, working hours, the manager - whatever - then I make a judgement call and leave.

What you are essentially saying is that certain players are now forced to accept the highest bid (and though most will like that) it becomes a restraint of trade. We've seen plenty of players recently make decisions for reasons other than money. The Storm have had their fare share of players chose NOT to move to Melbourne despite the larger offer, because they move away from friends and family.

The real issue you point out is under the table payments. Address that issue, NRL, separately - and not the issue of where players chose to play and for what reason.

PS - I forgot to add one important point: That is the market that should determine SBW's price, not the NRL. Its ridiculous.

OVP

Coach
How come they didnt help the Roosters out with Fittler ? What about the Tigers with Benji ? Or even putting in to get Lote back to League. f**k you NRL, you've totally lost me ... the AFL admin is excellent. The NRL admin is piss poor.

Latest posts