What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL to help the Bulldogs

Rocco

Juniors
mattyg said:
well i'm definately not wrong in saying that you are a complete utter f****** and 100% of the LU community would agree with me.

well again tard thats where you are once again f**king wrong.

claiming that 100% of LU community would think your right :lol: your fellow povo scums would agree with you and the rest wont.

now go and smash some car windows.

mattyg

Bench
Are you really going to make me browse through the 500+ posts of dribble that you have accumulated since you joined to point out the numerous people other than bulldogs supporters who think you are a d***head?

Rocco

Juniors
mattyg said:
Are you really going to make me browse through the 500+ posts of dribble that you have accumulated since you joined to point out the numerous people other than bulldogs supporters who think you are a d***head?

do you think i care if you want to search for my posts? if you want to than good luck tard

mattyg

Bench
ahh why bother searching through your posts while we have a Fight Club forum. Just created a poll to see how everyone feels about ya Rocco.

bulldog

Bench
Charlie124 said:
would that 100% include Rocco himself?

He'd have to know he's a f**kwit wouldn't he, then again he doesn't seem to be the brightest spark to grace the forums with his bile, so FYI Rocco - you're a f**kwit.

Danish

Referee
mattyg said:
ummm...your only allowed a certain amount in 3rd party deals with the 3rd party a club sponsor. Any other 3rd party deals which don't count under the cap come from external companies not affilated in any way with the club. So whats your point Danish about us being too lazy to line up deals? Any club who does arrange for 3rd party must comply with the 3rd party section of the salary cap, which IIRC is 50k in deals for 3rd parties affilated with the club. Companies not linked with the club can pay players whatever they like for promotional work i think, however it isn't up to the club to arrange these deals, as im 99% sure the club is in breach of the cap if they do this.

Take a look at what the sharks are trying to do with Lote, or what the Knights did with Johns (mind you that was a major bend of the rules anyway).

Providing there is nothing stating that the sponsorship is linked to playing with a certain team its all above board. Much like Freddy was sponsored by adidas while playing for the roosters. They had no affiliation with the club, but you can bet your arse someone at easts helped him with that deal, despite the fact it would have carried on if he had left the club in the future.

mattyg said:
Well you are right in a sense, but the NRL isn't leaving itself open here. If SBW signed on a contract for less than 500,000 while we offered him that money, it would be looked at as a farce. The NRL however, are showing no signs of confidence in the salary cap system they have in place. This move is basically just to stop the NRL from potential legal action if the Bulldogs find out SBW has been paid under the table payments to join another team

what if its like 400k the first year 575k the next two years, will the nrl allow that.

[SIZE=-1]hypothecially, if he gets home sick and wants to go home to new zealand, and the warriors can't afford 500k but say 350k will they not allow it to go through.[/SIZE]

Snoz

Juniors
rabbs said:
It was reported that the NRL has valued SBW at a minimum of $500,000 and that no contracts would be registered under that amount.We will probably hear more about this in the papers tomorrow.

for a broken down footballer - $500k

mattyg

Bench
Danish said:
Take a look at what the sharks are trying to do with Lote, or what the Knights did with Johns (mind you that was a major bend of the rules anyway).

Providing there is nothing stating that the sponsorship is linked to playing with a certain team its all above board. Much like Freddy was sponsored by adidas while playing for the roosters. They had no affiliation with the club, but you can bet your arse someone at easts helped him with that deal, despite the fact it would have carried on if he had left the club in the future.

Do you really think we are stupid enough to risk working with a non affilated company to secure SBW just a few years after we were kicked out of the competition for a similar offence? I'd certainly hope not

Rocco

Juniors
mattyg said:
Do you really think we are stupid enough to risk working with a non affilated company to secure SBW just a few years after we were kicked out of the competition for a similar offence? I'd certainly hope not

well tard, it seems that danish and dougallens19 have proved you wrong.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Rocco said:
well tard, it seems that danish and dougallens19 have proved you wrong.

What? By telling the Bulldogs to break the salary cap? Be there, done that. Thanks, but no thanks.

Rocco

Juniors
mattyg said:

was it you or one of your fellow tards mentioned that scum bag is being sponsered by Nike and cant leave for another team that is not sponsored by Nike?

mattyg

Bench
You have absolutely no idea what you are going on about, so why the need to post such mindless dribble?

As far as im aware, Nike is a sponsor of the Bulldogs, limiting how much they can pay him as part of his contract. It has nothing to do with him not being able to leave for a team not sponsored by Nike.

Anyway, i'd assume that these marquee deals would run the same length as a player contract. That being, if SBW signed for 3 years on $500k, he'd be signed up with Nike for $50k per year over 3 years.

Either way, i have no idea what your piece of dribble has to do with the subject at hand. We were talking about non affilated companies and you come on here with NFI and post some utter garbage.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Rocco said:
was it you or one of your fellow tards mentioned that scum bag is being sponsered by Nike and cant leave for another team that is not sponsored by Nike?

You might want to have a chat to Mr Orr about that. He is the one organising that deal. Not the Bulldogs. If he wants to limit what clubs his client can play for, just so he can make his client more money, then I don't see the problem.

Latest posts