What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Touch

Stallion

First Grade
@Stallion I am worried about you mate, the way you react to other people's opinions makes me feel that there is something wrong in your life. If you ever need someone to talk to about what is really going on feel free to pm me!

Lol. I've worked you out champ. You are a weasel that has stuffed up touch football in 1996. So now you ridicule someone whom is calling a spade a spade. Low act ! But not beyond you after what you and your 'genius cohorts' have done to touch in 1996. An essential part of rugby league ( the play the ball) has been eliminated from a great version of non contact rugby-league and you ridicule the criticism. Cop it sweet champ.

unforgiven

Bench
As a teacher and person you should acknowledge and respect an extremely valid opinion and observation.
I have acknowledged that you hold that opinion, I've told you I am happy for you to prefer TRL. You are the one that will not allow anyone else to have a differing opinion to you, and it is across every thread that you participate in on this site.

I prefer touch football to have the roll ball instead of the play the ball, that is my opinion. Instead of calmly discussing the topic you turn to insults and do not allow others to think differently to you, why is that? Why does everyone have to think the same as you?

unforgiven

Bench
Lol. I've worked you out champ. You are a weasel that has stuffed up touch football in 1996. So now you ridicule someone whom is calling a spade a spade. Low act ! But not beyond you after what you and your 'genius cohorts' have done to touch in 1996. An essential part of rugby league ( the play the ball) has been eliminated from a great version of non contact rugby-league and you ridicule the criticism. Cop it sweet champ.
What is wrong with you mate? I was being genuine with that post, the way you communicate with people is wrong, the way you believe that your point is 100% right is wrong. For some reason you lose the plot when others have a different point of view to you.

I have an honest question to ask you and would like an honest answer.

Why am I not allowed to prefer touch football with a roll ball instead of a play the ball? Why does that make me a weasel? Why does that open me to insults from someone like you?

Stallion

First Grade
I have acknowledged that you hold that opinion, I've told you I am happy for you to prefer TRL. You are the one that will not allow anyone else to have a differing opinion to you, and it is across every thread that you participate in on this site.

I prefer touch football to have the roll ball instead of the play the ball, that is my opinion. Instead of calmly discussing the topic you turn to insults and do not allow others to think differently to you, why is that? Why does everyone have to think the same as you?

Haven't stated that at all. Like I have stated previously. We absolutely dissagree! You can search the thread if you like. You are just to play victim in your insincere way.Even though you are truelly the wolf in sheep's clothing. Rugbyleague is lesser for your reckless rule change in 1996.It's a fundamental rule you and your cronies did away with . The other versions are respecting the rule! You did not!

Last edited:

unforgiven

Bench
Haven't stated at all. Like I have stated previously. We absolutely dissagree! You can search the thread if you like. You are just to play victim in your insincere way.Even though you are truelly the wolf in sheep's clothing. Rugbyleague is lesser for your reckless rule change in 1996.It's a fundamental rule you and your cronies did away with . The other versions are respecting the rule! You did not!
That in no way answers what I said?

Stallion

First Grade
What is wrong with you mate? I was being genuine with that post, the way you communicate with people is wrong, the way you believe that your point is 100% right is wrong. For some reason you lose the plot when others have a different point of view to you.

I have an honest question to ask you and would like an honest answer.

Why am I not allowed to prefer touch football with a roll ball instead of a play the ball? Why does that make me a weasel? Why does that open me to insults from someone like you?

LoL. Look at your own communication champ. Don't lecture me. Look at yourself. After all you are one of the dudes who voted to stuff up touch in 1996! Cop it sweet again! I reiterate : I'm calling you out on this and I believe I'm on the money!" A shamefull decision that took me by shock at the time. And now I'm discoursing with one of "rule changers" to a perfectly great non contact form of rugby league. Cop it sweet champ. Then again you will not acknowledge how damaging your "genius' decision to rid the game of the play the ball in 1996 is. Shame!

Last edited:

unforgiven

Bench
LoL. Look at your own communication champ. Don't lecture me. Look at yourself. After all you are one of the dudes who voted to stuff up touch on 1996! Cop it sweet again! I reiterate : I'm calling you out on this and I believe I'm on the money!" A shamefull decision that took me by shock at the time. And now I'm discoursing with one of "rule changers" to a perfectly great non contact form of rugby league. Cop it sweet champ. Then again you will not acknowledge how damaging your "genius' decision to rid the game of the play the ball in 1996 is. Shame!
What are you talking about? you didn't answer my question at all and are just making stuff up!

Why are you so threatened when someone has a different opinion to you.

Stallion

First Grade
What are you talking about? you didn't answer my question at all and are just making stuff up!

Why are you so threatened when someone has a different opinion to you.

? Same back at you. Don't throw insults unless you're willing to cop them back! After what you have done to touch I'm not phased by the crap you come up with. YOU HELPED STUFF UP TOUCH FOOTY IN 1996! Always wondered about how this significant fundamental rule change happened and now I'm discoursing with one of the culprits! Fair game champ. After the damage you have helped create I don't have much time for such a low act to what was "tippy league" . DISGRACEFUL.

Last edited:

unforgiven

Bench
? Same back at you. Don't throw insults unless you're willing to cop them back! After what you have done to touch I'm. or phased by the crap you come with. YOU HELPED STUFF UP TOUCH FOOTY IN 1996! Always wondered about how this significant fundamental rule change happened and now I'm discoursing with one of the culprits! Fair game champ. After the damage you have helped create I don't have much time for such a low act to what was "tippy league" . DISGRACEFUL.
What are you you on about?

Stallion

First Grade
Why didn't you do anything to stop the rule change back in 1996?

I was amazed. As a former rugby league player I could not believe that this rule change occured. I instantly seen it as a weakening of the rugby league link with touch! I shook my head and no longer played touch. Think I played in a 'rebel' comp for a while which had the play-the-ball and marker. Nowadays we are now seeing more non contact versions as a result of the fundamental play the ball rule being ditched by some people in power in touch in 1996.

unforgiven

Bench
I was amazed. As a former rugby league player I could not believe that this rule change occured. I instantly seen it as a weakening of the rugby league link with touch! I shook my head and no longer played touch. Think I played in a 'rebel' comp for a while which had the play-the-ball and marker. Nowadays we are now seeing more non contact versions as a result of the fundamental play the ball rule being ditched by some people in power in touch in 1996.
That doesn't answer my question, why didn't you stop it?

Stallion

First Grade
That doesn't answer my question, why didn't you stop it?

How can a player (whom is playing socially) chase up or alter such a decision! I wasn't in the know and the touch footy was a leisure activity that I enjoyed. Sure I found the odd rebel comp. But myself along with plenty of others were disgusted with the 1996 rule change. I suppose we voted with our feet. And sports like TAG & TRL have emerged since that 1996 rule change. It would have been.better if touch maintained the original game in some format: called it "Original touch footy" But it alas it hasnt. So we move on to the more rugby league centric versions.

unforgiven

Bench
How can a player (whom is playing socially) chase up or alter such a decision! I wasn't in the know and the touch footy was a leisure activity that I enjoyed. Sure I found the odd rebel comp. But myself along with plenty of others were disgusted with the 1996 rule change. I suppose we voted with our feet. And sports like TAG & TRL have emerged since that 1996 rule change. It would have been.better if touch maintained the original game in some format: called it "Original touch footy" But it alas it hasnt. So we move on to the more rugby league centric versions.
So its as much youe fault as mine that the rule was changed, the only difference was that I liked the change and you didn't.

Stallion

First Grade
So its as much youe fault as mine that the rule was changed, the only difference was that I liked the change and you didn't.
No. The numbsculls that disrespected a fundamental rule change got their way. It was disrespectful and ultimately will be the demise of touch in favour of non contact versions that have the fundamental play the ball rule and kicking in play. One might ask why were you geniuses decent enough to think of an "original touch footy" comp coexisting with "run and dump"!? Now that would have been a good move. Still could be done today if you have the smarts do so? Otherwise it will occur in other versions that are growing.

unforgiven

Bench
No. The numbsculls that disrespected a fundamental rule change got their way. It was disrespectful and ultimately will be the demise of touch in favour of non contact versions that have the fundamental play the ball rule and kicking in play. One might ask why were you geniuses decent enough to think of an "original touch footy" comp coexisting with "run and dump"!? Now that would have been a good move. Still could be done today if you have the smarts do so? Otherwise it will occur in other versions that are growing.
Again why didn't you do that?

Stallion

First Grade
There is something wrong with me trying to have a sane convo this him.

Twiddling thumbs amongst yourselves is fine by me! Getting away with stuffing up touch footy (touch-nowadays ) is no claim to fame. It's reckless and disrespectful on many counts.