What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Touch

Stallion

First Grade
In your backyard you can use any rules you want!

Yes. And not respecting fundamental rules that were absolutely a part of tippy league is not a wise thing. So we now have a movement toward the way touch footy was and should have been. It's a good thing. Although reinventing the wheel (play-the-ball etc) by these recent non contact versions seem uneccessary given touch footy had most of these rules in play. Basically the 1996 rule change has not helped in fortifying links with rugbyleague for a few decades I suggest. It would have been great if touch decided to revert to original touch footy rules. Would have saved alot of recent pioneer work for the same sporting result with these recent offerings: Oztag, leaguetag & touch Rugby league ( all have strong non contact version rules seen and simliar in rugby league).

unforgiven

Bench
Yes. And not respecting fundamental rules that were absolutely a part of tippy league is not a wise thing. So we now have a movement toward the way touch footy was and should have been. It's a good thing. Although reinventing the wheel (play-the-ball etc) by these recent non contact versions seem uneccessary given touch footy had most of these rules in play. Basically the 1996 rule change has not helped in fortifying links with rugbyleague for a few decades I suggest. It would have been great if touch decided to revert to original touch footy rules. Would have saved alot of recent pioneer work for the same sporting result with these recent offerings: Oztag, leaguetag & touch Rugby league ( all have strong non contact version rules seen and simliar in rugby league).
Touch didn't want to introduce kicking so introduced the roll ball to make it more difficult for defence. It is quite simple mate!

Stallion

First Grade
Touch didn't want to introduce kicking so introduced the roll ball to make it more difficult for defence. It is quite simple mate!

Simple in the head. An absolute shambles. The play the ball extinction was absolutely reckless. It reeked of no respect for touch origins. We now see other non contact versions filling the void. THAT'S REALITY MATE! And I hope you try TRL as it is a far more genuine version of non contact rugby-league. ( which used to be the case for touch footy prior to 1996).

unforgiven

Bench
Simple in the head. An absolute shambles. The play the ball extinction was absolutely reckless. It reeked of no respect for touch origins. We now see other non contact versions filling the void. THAT'S REALITY MATE! And I hope you try TRL as it is a far more genuine version of non contact rugby-league. ( which used to be the case for touch footy prior to 1996).
You really are a narrow minded individual aren't you?

unforgiven

Bench
Suggest you look at yourself champ!
No mate, I'm happy for you to enjoy the play the ball, I'm happy that you have found TRL. You can not see the validity of other people's opinions, that is the definition of being narrow minded. I much prefer touch to have the roll ball as it gives some advantage back to the attack which is needed in Touch. Why is that so wrong? Why are you so insecure that you are not ok with other people liking something different to you? Do you need everyone to think the same as you, to like the same things that you do to feel value as a person?

Stallion

First Grade
No mate, I'm happy for you to enjoy the play the ball, I'm happy that you have found TRL. You can not see the validity of other people's opinions, that is the definition of being narrow minded. I much prefer touch to have the roll ball as it gives some advantage back to the attack which is needed in Touch. Why is that so wrong? Why are you so insecure that you are not ok with other people liking something different to you? Do you need everyone to think the same as you, to like the same things that you do to feel value as a person?

No insecurity from this direction champ! You and your cohorts have made a fundamental rule change mistake in 1996. Cop it sweet. At least acknowledge this and you may see the light. In fact offering original touch may be an even smarter move?

unforgiven

Bench
No insecurity from this direction champ! You and your cohorts have made a fundamental rule change mistake in 1996. Cop it sweet. At least acknowledge this and you may see the light. In fact offering original touch may be an even smarter move?
Why would I acknowledge this when I don't agree? That is why you are narrow minded, you can not cop when someone has a differing opinion to yours, you become condescending, arrogant, rude and insulting. That shows a real lack of maturity and confidence, it is ok for people to disagree with @Stallion coming to terms with that may lower the stress levels in your life and make you a better teacher. Allow you to move on from being the source of all knowledge in the classroom and allow you to facilitate the learning of your studentsm

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
That's ignorant . The integrity of a fundamental rule is more important than you think! So as a result of a rogre rule change to touch in 1996, we now have non contact versions of rugby league such as Oztag, Leaguetag and more recently Touch rugby league. Given that touch was tippy league it's an absolute reinventing of the wheel. You can't see this plenty of others do. Clearly a massive demand for touch footy (the way it was supposed to be) is happening. You can't work this out? Others can!

I'm more interested in the game generating revenue to invest in grass roots and other programs to grow the game.

Stallion

First Grade
Why would I acknowledge this when I don't agree? That is why you are narrow minded, you can not cop when someone has a differing opinion to yours, you become condescending, arrogant, rude and insulting. That shows a real lack of maturity and confidence, it is ok for people to disagree with @Stallion coming to terms with that may lower the stress levels in your life and make you a better teacher. Allow you to move on from being the source of all knowledge in the classroom and allow you to facilitate the learning of your studentsm

Lol. Back at yu champ! You are exhibiting exactly what you are inferring! Hilarious!

Stallion

First Grade
I'm more interested in the game generating revenue to invest in grass roots and other programs to grow the game.

TRL WILL GROW THE GAME! Much more effectively and efficiently than a half bated effort that 'touch' has evolved into! Respecting fundamental rugby league rules is a worthy stance.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
TRL WILL GROW THE GAME! Much more effectively and efficiently than a half bated effort that 'touch' has evolved into! Respecting fundamental rugby league rules is a worthy stance.

You say will, meaning that you assume that to be the case in the future. What is your evidence to suggest this?

The NRL tend to disagree with you. They have already partnered with touch and are already reaping the benefits of increased participation under the NRL banner.

There is no reason why they can't also partner with TRL in the future but that hasn't happened yet.

unforgiven

Bench
Lol. Back at yu champ! You are exhibiting exactly what you are inferring! Hilarious!
Where have I told you that you are not allowed to like the Play the ball? lol I am very happy you have found TRL as now you can leave touch football alone and allow those that do enjoy it to do so! You do it on every thread you are involved in, as soon as someone has a different opinion to yours you get personal and claim they are trying to destroy Rugby League. As a teacher you should be promoting different opinions and ideas and encouraging others to express those ideas, seeing how you act on here I severely doubt your ability to do so!

unforgiven

Bench
@Stallion I am worried about you mate, the way you react to other people's opinions makes me feel that there is something wrong in your life. If you ever need someone to talk to about what is really going on feel free to pm me!

Stallion

First Grade
You say will, meaning that you assume that to be the case in the future. What is your evidence to suggest this?

The NRL tend to disagree with you. They have already partnered with touch and are already reaping the benefits of increased participation under the NRL banner.

There is no reason why they can't also partner with TRL in the future but that hasn't happened yet.

Lol. You are aware the NRL (formerly ARL) refused an affiliation request from touch footy in 1996 ( subsequent rule change occured after this decision ) And the speed by which TRL has overtaken the non contact rugby league market in southern Qld is impressive by any comparison. I predict a genuine and rapid growth of TRL due to more rugbyleague alligned rules. That's a fair comment..

Stallion

First Grade
Where have I told you that you are not allowed to like the Play the ball? lol I am very happy you have found TRL as now you can leave touch football alone and allow those that do enjoy it to do so! You do it on every thread you are involved in, as soon as someone has a different opinion to yours you get personal and claim they are trying to destroy Rugby League. As a teacher you should be promoting different opinions and ideas and encouraging others to express those ideas, seeing how you act on here I severely doubt your ability to do so!

As a teacher and person you should acknowledge and respect an extremely valid opinion and observation. My thoughts are backed by other non contact versions of rugby league that would really not have been required had touch not done away with some fundamental rugby-league rules in 1996.