What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Vs Vichy Collaborators

ali

Bench
That is precisely the point.

If the biggest stars in League don't give a sh*t about this, why do some die-hard League fans still insist it is important?

I guarantee the biggest stars of the game wouldn't be aware of the history of rugby in France. The NRL should be handing out copies of the Forbidden Game, it's a great read.

I still hold out hope that the French RL will get the compensation they are owed.

Swany

Juniors
petain.jpg

There's only 13 on this team sheet. Not on my watch :lol:

butchmcdick

Post Whore
I guarantee the biggest stars of the game wouldn't be aware of the history of rugby in France. The NRL should be handing out copies of the Forbidden Game, it's a great read.

I still hold out hope that the French RL will get the compensation they are owed.

And what exactly would that achieve ? People would hate french rugby for something that happend 2 or three generations ago in another continent ?

Swany

Juniors
And what exactly would that achieve ? People would hate french rugby for something that happend 2 or three generations ago in another continent ?

because if Union didn't exist and to some extent AFL, then League would have to invent them if only to be able to make excuses for its sorry self.

Calixte

First Grade
Calixte, how does Vichy & Fascism affect NRL? Why no answer and why do you think you have won something? What is the prize?

A win for the truth. That is the prize.

Miguel answered your comments re- the NRL etc. already. Why waste my time with you? Again?

taipan

Referee
George W Bush's grand father, Prescott Bush sold computers and financed the Nazis which aided in killing the Jews more efficiently. Are we going to blame this also for the problems that befall RL in this, its centenarry year. Just keep looking at "outside" problems this will fix League! What a @#$%ing joke!

Letus just sit down and relax.
France tried to kill of rl in the 40s.The French union clubs with their officials were involved in lobbying a Nazi occupation govt.They didn't give a stuff.
French rugby union clubs poached the cream of the french rugby league during the amateur years.They didn't give a stuff.
Ratchet forward 60 years.French rugby union clubs poach NRL players,even one involving a contracted player>they don't give a stuff.
Check the common theme,and why it bears a lot of relevance to today in sport.
Outside problem what the f...are you drinking.The FRU is a major problem for theNRL,the NZRU and the SARU and the ARU to face.
Sure the NRL has problems,they had problems in SL,but the FRU can hardly be treated as a minor outside thingy.:oops:

taipan

Referee
Calixte, how does Vichy & Fascism affect NRL? Why no answer and why do you think you have won something? What is the prize?

FRU and Vichy were in cahoots to have rl banned,they succeeded.The FRU poached french rl players for decades during and after the amateur years.The officials didn't give a stuff then.
Now the FRU clubs poach NRL players,they dont; give a stuff now.
So the platform for stuffing rugby league both in France and abroad was hatched during the vichy years.
You think the FRU know little about RL in Oz.Yeah sure.Just ask the former French union player Jacques Fouroux.
Keep living in denial,sometimes the fan has a habit of throwing things out.

Yngwie_70

Juniors
FRU and Vichy were in cahoots to have rl banned,they succeeded.The FRU poached french rl players for decades during and after the amateur years.The officials didn't give a stuff then.
Now the FRU clubs poach NRL players,they dont; give a stuff now.
So the platform for stuffing rugby league both in France and abroad was hatched during the vichy years.
You think the FRU know little about RL in Oz.Yeah sure.Just ask the former French union player Jacques Fouroux.
Keep living in denial,sometimes the fan has a habit of throwing things out.

Poach or buy? Sonny Bill has not signed yet from all accounts. And that would make it 4. Surely we cant be so weakened by the defection of 4 players to Union. Say it aint so!

taipan

Referee
Poach or buy? Sonny Bill has not signed yet from all accounts. And that would make it 4. Surely we cant be so weakened by the defection of 4 players to Union. Say it aint so!

Ummm he has signed.Poach or buy what is the difference?
The point is not losing Gower who likes the night life,or Gasnier when he does actually make it on the field and likes the nighlife,or Rooney past his prime or SBW good when he is not injured.
It's is the rambo attitude of the French union clubs,which they have adopted for decades,the law or legality means nought.That is what I am on about.
RL has survived and grown despite a SL war,which would have killed other codes,losing 4 players is not going to bring the game down.It is the principle of the SBW deal that is the crux.

Latest posts