What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL will approve two new teams in the competition

Hindyscrack

Bench
GoTheBears said:
There is a large number of factors which see me want the CC in over the gold coast, one of them being selfish of course in wanting my team back, but also in that the area is crying out for a team.

Plus of course you came up with all the reasons we shouldnt be admitted - we've already had our shot and we failed, our crowds sucked. CC got half a team which they supported well until the Bears were gorne from it at which point they started to turn away. If you use the argument about crowds/had a chance the Gold Coast has had 3 teams which all were getting **** crowds over their 11 years and 1 finals appearence.

I would love to see both teams admitted, but if it came to the crunch of course i would pick CC Bears over Gold Coast, simply because i would love to see my team back. I accept this is unlikely to happen and whats done is done from the past etc but that doesnt mean i like it.

Oh and i dont really care what doctor death says as, while he is obviously a Norths fan(or whatever) he writes some crap.

By the way, its Norths, not Norfs, We aren't from ****en Penrith you know8)

Thankyou for being honest GoTheBears...

My problem with a lot of the Pro CC fans is most of them are bears fans who will have nothing to do with the club apart from a Jesrsey purchase or attending a game in their home city once a year.

The majority of these fans are not CC residents just bears fans and NSW based arl tragics who beleive in "tradition" and foundation clubs playing out of suburbian grounds is the best for our games.

You can still have that back in the NSWRL premier league. Our game has been stagnant for too long and we are 10 years behind where we should be due to unfortunate circumstances. We have screwed up by removing expansion teams out of areas where our game needs to grow. The last thing we need is ADDING another team that close to Sydney.

I know their a lot of pro genuine pro CC fans such as Dodge who would probably support the club pro-actively. Good on them, we need more people watching our game, boosting our attendances. I think the CC deserves a team in the future, personally i think a relocated Sydney team is best for the game but that's another story.

We keep hearing propaganda of all promises from GC and we have a stadium and everything is ready to go on CC. The fact is when presenting a bid and Millions upon Millions of Dollars are at stake you can't go building the stadium before a team is in, backers cant pump $$ into channels that cant be used until the team is there. The hard fact is that the only thing CC has going is a stadium standing in place, something the GC can equal with a couple of words from the NRL.

Bob

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
By the way, its Norths, not Norfs, We aren't from ****en Penrith you know8)
It's actually Penrith not ****en Penrith.

And for the record I think the central coast should be the next team admitted.

Misty Bee

First Grade
My problem with a lot of the Pro CC fans is most of them are bears fans who will have nothing to do with the club apart from a Jesrsey purchase or attending a game in their home city once a year.

My problem with most GC supporters is that they are actually supporters of another club, who willprobably not support the GC if they are admitted. Previos crowds stats back this up.

Ever wondered why the biggest pusher for GC's admission here is a Manly fan, whose sig is "Manly 'til I die'?

The hard fact is that the only thing CC has going is a stadium standing in place, something the GC can equal with a couple of words from the NRL.

The CC has a stadium, 2 licenced clubs, and a team already. They only need to sign 25 players. Everything else is there.

The CG has a district, a cash float, and a string of promises. Nothing more.

It would take more than a rubber stamp from the NRL to rebuild Cararra. BTW, Norths had a rubber stamp from the NRL to build Gosford, so if you reckon that's iron clad, keep dreaming.

mightybears

Bench
dodge said:
Mate, you lot started it.

You always get defensive as soon as the Central Coast supporters come out. The first leg you go for is the Bears one and attack that (which isn't the basis of our bid by the way, a lot of us wouldn't mind just having a team here -- not called Manly or the Eagles obviously).

We don't deathride the Gold Coast. You deathride the Central Coast. You constantly throw tantrums about how the NSB are just a Storm feeder and how Singo is useless and we don't deserve a team. We fight back that we have a better cause for inclusion, not that you have a worse one. You constantly remark about our 1998-2000 muck up with Norths becoming the CC Bears, so we defend ourselves, and the point we fight back with is the GC failed thrice. Only stating facts there. Whether they financially karked it, were forced to close or just gave up, they failed on three occasions, just like the Bears/Eagles merger did.

Posting endless threads? I bet if you ran a search on GC and CC related topics you'll find a pro-GC member was the thread starter. You say "compared to GC, the CC is dwarfed" - yet you still don't offer any proof on it.

Finally, I don't see why we should shove it. We, like you, are passionate fans who care about where we live, care about our game, care about our footy and want to scream "That's my Team". For the good of Rugby League? All you're doing is putting us down here and that's not what it's about. It's about areas both well deserving getting their shot, and all you've been since day one is vindictive about it. Can you calm down about it at all?

exactly diehard
your credibility is shot to hell when you have as your sig, the storm crap, or the flegg table, not positive for the gc just death riding norths and or the cc bid

littleduck

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
Littleduck, its a silly idea - shafting the CC for half a decade and then having a showdown with bloody Perth...

And why do clubs have to relocate to Gosford? Why not one relocating to Gold Coast? Or is that too hard to sell?
Good point. The $8 mil incentive to relocate should be upped to $15 for a Sydney-based side to relocate to any other strategically important area, such as CC GC Perth Wellington.

But the reason why a relocation to Gosford is preferable to a relocation to the Gold Coast is simply bcoz existing supporters are still within an hours drive of their home ground. They can still attend home games and players can still live amongst them. A relocation to the Gold Coast will alienate existing supporters completely and have no chance of going to home games.

And my crowning glory was my Wellington suggestion. Anybody support me on that?

Hindyscrack

Bench
http://www.rleague.com/article.php?id=14925

Makes interesting reading...

Anyway I for one support the Eels, but hell first thing I do when the GC are entered is by my Season ticket. If you call the GC a district, you better start calling Gosford a backwater, GC is the 6th biggest City in Aus, where does CC come in? From my memory its about 20th. If you dont think this area is ready for an NRL team, you are crazy its all i have heard on the radio today (hot tomato has been on about it for ages).

doctor death

Juniors
littleduck said:
Good point. The $8 mil incentive to relocate should be upped to $15 for a Sydney-based side to relocate to any other strategically important area, such as CC GC Perth Wellington.

But the reason why a relocation to Gosford is preferable to a relocation to the Gold Coast is simply bcoz existing supporters are still within an hours drive of their home ground. They can still attend home games and players can still live amongst them. A relocation to the Gold Coast will alienate existing supporters completely and have no chance of going to home games.

And my crowning glory was my Wellington suggestion. Anybody support me on that?

You're actually suggesting that an establishment club which put in all the hard work and has been shafted criminally for 6 years should just fade away and die - then hand over all the hard work to some near-bankrupt sydney team who can't afford to operate at their own base. Then you talk about "tradition" in the same sentence.

Manly have shown they would relocate if you showed them a cheque. Relocate Manly to the Gold Coast - Arko's there already. Pizza Boy would be happy as Larry. easy solution.

DIEHARD

----
mightybears said:
exactly diehard
your credibility is shot to hell when you have as your sig, the storm crap, or the flegg table, not positive for the gc just death riding norths and or the cc bid

The tables for jersey flegg are fact.

Me referring to the Bears as a feeder club for the News Ltd Melbourne Storm is an attempt to get Dr Deaf to conspiracy theorise about that! You can't call News Ltd Satan then go home at night and sleep with the devil!!!

They are all in retaliation for Dr Deaf and other similiar brainless goons deathriding the Gold Coast bid with constant threads taking pot shots at the Gold Coast filled with lies. And they can't stay out of Gold Coast threads where we are talking facts and real developements.

Agent Mulder

Bench
I don't know why people are so down on The Central Coast, It would be a great team out there and the Bears deserve a side, I'd rather a CC side Then a Gold Coast side anyway.

Sorry, Selling CC to the NRL is like floging a dead donkey.

Look i am admire certain people who support the CC but as a Storm fan. I can not see a CC team as a Team, Viaable(sp???) for my club to support.

Otherwise, on the Gold Coast team, I feel it will have Internationall rapport which will give this fantastic game of Rugby League a extra boost. It is one of most popular Mexicans(yes i am a mexican as well) Holiday Destinations. So people see the game and go to Olympic Park.

People instead of fighting about GC and CC need to look at a angle from the NRL club.

littleduck

Juniors
Everybody knows that the Bears were unfairly shafted, but expansion of the NRL comp based on righting past wrongs is a dumb idea, unprofessional, not sound business practice, and simply wont happen. Expansion is based upon whether it fits neatly within the strategic direction of the game. Re-establishing the highly populated South East Queensland region, the fasted growing region in Australia, should clearly be the games most important strategic priority. So its not about the Gold Coast, its about South East Queensland desperately needing a 2nd NRL side to ensure NRL remains the dominant code on the Eastern Seaboard. Anybody confining comparisons to the Gold Coast vs Central Coast are dead wrong. Everybody knows the Central Coast Bears have a financially viable bid and would be succesful, but that doesnt alter the fact that South East Queensland is currently the games greatest weakness (and therefore AFLs greatest opportunity to knock RL off as #1 in the region) and the current 1 team for 3 million people situation is ridiculous.

winnyason

Juniors
we need another kiwi team, look guys have found out though many people everyone outside auckland hates auckland, need wellington time to try & challenge union to some extent, look cc another sydney team, gold good idea even perth.

DIEHARD

----
I'm of the opinion that a 2nd New Zealand team is vital for the future of the NRL.

They obviously have the talent, the country is overflowing with quality...no make that stunning talent.

They should be able to have the opportunity to play in New Zealand.

Having said that, I agree with a lot of people that have said the game in New Zealand can't yet support a 2nd team.

But that does not mean we can't make a 5 year plan for the Orcas entry into the NRL, lay the foundation.

Imagine what it would do for the New Zealand Kiwi team. :D

winnyason

Juniors
agree totally give them time line, something to build for. they are a must die hard, as for arguements for to many teams, how about conferences.
rather than this yes no maybe a answer, look sky nz woul pour more money into sport, if another team was in.
just a idea

south
warriors
orcas
storm
raiders

north
nth qld
bris
gold coast

syd north

cc
newc
manly

central
souths
roosters
wests
bulldogs

south west
sharks
saints
parra
penrith

DIEHARD

----
winnyason said:
warriors
orcas
storm
raiders

nth qld
bris
gold coast

cc
newc
manly

souths
roosters
wests
bulldogs

sharks
saints
parra
penrith

18 eh.

18 team competition in another 5-8 years? :D

And ultimately...I'm talking 15 years plus...I'm talking cherry on top of the National Rugby League.

Another two teams.

2nd Brisbane and Perth or Adelaide.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
littleduck said:
Everybody knows that the Bears were unfairly shafted, but expansion of the NRL comp based on righting past wrongs is a dumb idea, unprofessional, not sound business practice, and simply wont happen. Expansion is based upon whether it fits neatly within the strategic direction of the game. Re-establishing the highly populated South East Queensland region, the fasted growing region in Australia, should clearly be the games most important strategic priority. So its not about the Gold Coast, its about South East Queensland desperately needing a 2nd NRL side to ensure NRL remains the dominant code on the Eastern Seaboard. Anybody confining comparisons to the Gold Coast vs Central Coast are dead wrong. Everybody knows the Central Coast Bears have a financially viable bid and would be succesful, but that doesnt alter the fact that South East Queensland is currently the games greatest weakness (and therefore AFLs greatest opportunity to knock RL off as #1 in the region) and the current 1 team for 3 million people situation is ridiculous.

Thankyou, someone finally hit the nail on the head. :clap:

LESStar58

Referee
Just the vibe of things and the way that the CC is postioning themselves at the moment. The NRL clearly wants a club in Perth, and with 17 teams there would be scope for the 18th to be added in a couple of years

What time frame Moffo? I can't see the NRL approving 2 new teams in 2007 but if details of the Central Coast and Gold Coast bids indicate a strong argument to admit 2 teams AT THE SAME TIME then I would say go for it!

But the question I would ask is that with 17 teams there will still be a bye....do the NRL actually want a 16th team to get rid of the 2 byes per team per season? 17 teams would be ideal ATM i thin because of the relatively small player market and salary cap restrictions. But I'm wondering could we do what the ARL did in 1995 and admit 3 teams at once?

I am all for expanding RL in the country but I beleive the next 3 teams will be the GC, the CC (hopefully with the Bears monkier and backed by Singo) and the Wellington Orcas. The demographics of Perth needs to be studied and scrutinised closely again before we jump back in to that market. Lets see what happens with the Western Farce before we try and establish in WA again. I can see 20 teams in the comp by 2010 and I'd want Perth and Adelaide back in. Souths were resurrected....so can the teams representing the developing states!

littleduck

Juniors
IMO Adelaide should never be spoken about again in terms of NRL expansion. The market is saturated with AFL, too small to bother about television audiences and corporate support is minor as the state is an economic backwater (no offence).

On the other hand, Perth is a distant future possibility but not in the foreseeable future.

Latest posts