What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL will approve two new teams in the competition

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
nqboy said:
Did you notice the subtle shift from the Bears to "anyone but the Gold Coast"? Pathetic.

No, because that's been the argument out of DIEHARD's ass the whole time. Anyone but CC until he came up with his dumb poker machine idea.

Furthermore, looking at that list, only one isn't a city of Australia. The Gold Coast. It's a region with a major centre called Surfers Paradise. If GC is a city then Gosford is a city.

And in regards to city I'm not talking about population growth. If you're "all for expansion" we need to be looking into the uncovered areas before giving Queensland another team. Relocation or otherwise, Adelaide and Perth NEED investigation, or we face lost markets. GC can drive the hour up the road and watch the Broncos run around. But I'm guessing there's some pathetic "SL scum" argument you have for that.

Also it's funny - everyone has answered the "if the NRL dosn't decide to expand" question the same. It's the proof your bid is falling apart. No stadium = no chance once they do ask about expansion next year. I find it highly unlikely that GC Government will leave the offer on the table if Gallop says no to expansion.
By the way DIEHARD, you bitch and whine all the time that all we make is pathetic personal attacks and deathride the GC bid. Your latest post is iron clad proo that you're the immature one who can't hold an argument without resorting to calling names or insulting the other party.

Interesting to note DIEHARD that you're yet to reply to anything Misty Bee has said.

mightybears

Bench
diehard
you want to post the population of the north shore and central coast
or at least the central coast and its projected growth rates?
wonder why, wouldn't be because projected growth rates [abeit a notoriously suspect measure anywhere] on the cc are higher than the gc?

bender
while you post makes some sense, you crap about the gc corporate sector is just that,
the publically released details of the gc bid's on-going finances is very hazy [no matter what diehard may quote from the gold coast bulletin etc]
at least singo is one person publically saying he wants to spend a sh*t load on league on the central coast [and his own benefit obviously]

both bids [PUBLICALLY] say x and y about corporate backing, but to say the gc has it all over the cc re corporates is rubbish

nqboy

First Grade
dodge said:
Furthermore, looking at that list, only one isn't a city of Australia. The Gold Coast. It's a region with a major centre called Surfers Paradise.
What does the Gold Coast City Council service then? Surfers Paradise is a suburb of the City of the Gold Coast.

dodge said:
And in regards to city I'm not talking about population growth. If you're "all for expansion" we need to be looking into the uncovered areas before giving Queensland another team. Relocation or otherwise, Adelaide and Perth NEED investigation, or we face lost markets. GC can drive the hour up the road and watch the Broncos run around. But I'm guessing there's some pathetic "SL scum" argument you have for that.
Are you seriously suggesting we put a team in Adelaide or Perth before the Gold Coast? Lost markets? Lose the Gold Coast and it's lost heartlands.

dodge said:
Also it's funny - everyone has answered the "if the NRL dosn't decide to expand" question the same. It's the proof your bid is falling apart. No stadium = no chance once they do ask about expansion next year. I find it highly unlikely that GC Government will leave the offer on the table if Gallop says no to expansion.
Falling apart? The Qld Gov't has committed money conditional on the GC gaining a licence. What part of that do you not understand? I'm no great fan of Beattie, but if you're going to spend my tax dollars building a stadium whether there's a team there or not, I'll take Premier Pete over an idiot like you.

dodge said:
Interesting to note DIEHARD that you're yet to reply to anything Misty Bee has said.
Funny, I find it interesting that your mate Jayant Patel hasn't replied to the demographics and whether he'd support a non-Bears CC team, despite being asked any number of times.

P.S. Still waiting for you to quote where I've bagged the CC/Bears bid. Or you could post a retraction and an apology...

Latest posts