What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's growth mindset points to 18th team. And it ain't Perth.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The AFL could put the Lions on the median grant tomorrow and they'd be fine.

Yes they'd need to tighten their belts a bit, pull back on some their promotional and grassroots activity, stuff like that, but they'd get by.
Lions last year had a revenue from fans and corporates most nrl clubs could only dream of. If they are a basket case I’m not sure how you define nrl clubs with less than half this level of revenue!

607A9EE5-14AC-4609-B5AC-436FCF3155BB.jpeg

Wb1234

Referee

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sure, but how many make a profit from their actual football business. One or two, three at most!
It’s always hard to know, clubs spend all what they’ve got, unless they are privately owned making a profit isnt a priority. Clubs were getting $3mill above cap and some still couldn’t break even, maybe getting $5mill over will help them lol.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s staggering how poor nrl clubs are at generating football based revenue. Here’s a comparison between a succesful nrl club and an afl expansion club in rl heartland everyone says are a basket case. Like I said staggering!

Brisbane lions v sydney roosters

memberships and gate takings
$10.3mill v $2mill

corporate sponsorship
$12.8mill v $6.9mill

merch sales
$2.2mill V $400k

Bukowski

Juniors
It’s staggering how poor nrl clubs are at generating football based revenue. Here’s a comparison between a succesful nrl club and an afl expansion club in rl heartland everyone says are a basket case. Like I said staggering!

$10.3mill v $2mill

corporate sponsorship
$12.8mill v $6.9mill

merch sales
$2.2mill V $400k
Roosters are unsustainable 😁

mongoose

Coach

$10.3mill v $2mill

corporate sponsorship
$12.8mill v $6.9mill

merch sales
$2.2mill V $400k
you have to wonder where all this money AFL clubs make actually goes though? Their salary cap is only a million or so higher than the NRL. What are they spending money on? like I said the Lions must have a terrible business model.

Wb1234

Referee
you have to wonder where all this money AFL clubs make actually goes though? Their salary cap is only a million or so higher than the NRL. What are they spending money on? like I said the Lions must have a terrible business model.
Afl can’t pay clubs in contra lol

Santino Patane

Juniors

$10.3mill v $2mill

corporate sponsorship
$12.8mill v $6.9mill

merch sales
$2.2mill V $400k
Where did you get these stats? I’m not calling you bullshit, but anecdotally that doesn’t seem to measure up.

Lions merch in and around SEQ is not that visible, and I would say one would see much more Roosters merch out and about comparative. I highly doubt Lions merch is selling much outside of Greater Brisbane and there wouldn’t be a majority of Roosters fans in the same catchment, so if anything merch should skew to the opposite outcome.

I reiterate, this is anecdotal observations, but we do know our southern mates below the Barrasi Line do like to manipulate data to their advantage…..

Iamback

Coach
Where did you get these stats? I’m not calling you bullshit, but anecdotally that doesn’t seem to measure up.

Lions merch in and around SEQ is not that visible, and I would say one would see much more Roosters merch out and about comparative. I highly doubt Lions merch is selling much outside of Greater Brisbane and there wouldn’t be a majority of Roosters fans in the same catchment, so if anything merch should skew to the opposite outcome.

I reiterate, this is anecdotal observations, but we do know our southern mates below the Barrasi Line do like to manipulate data to their advantage…..

How many Fitzroy Fans get the merch?
that is the unknown here

Colk

First Grade
The Billionaires they have on their board will get them through. Along with the property they own

Of course. The new stadium will help them too I’d imagine. But I’m saying that through much gritted teeth.

I actually like some of their fans on here which has surprised me

Iamback

Coach
Of course. The new stadium will help them too I’d imagine. But I’m saying that through much gritted teeth.

Linking with Central Coast has helped social media engagement but will have minimum affect on their crowds.

yeah I will actually go to a Roosters game to check it out

Wb1234

Referee

You know the reason Canberra joined super league was easts were about to sign Clyde and Daley

does that help lol

Colk

First Grade
You know the reason Canberra joined super league was easts were about to sign Clyde and Daley

does that help lol

Yeah I know. That’s why I started not to like them. That and the fact that they continually buy high profile players.

Anyway bit off topic.

Latest posts