What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's growth mindset points to 18th team. And it ain't Perth.

Pippen94

First Grade
What numbers are bs? Also having multiple income sources is just smart business practice.

19k in that stadium probably makes less money 10k at shark park. All professional sport make their money from rights fees. Talking about attendance's are bs

Perth Red

Post Whore
Those numbers are bs. Broadcasting rights getting bigger every time. Save concern trolling over crowds for ppl who don't know better..
Haha the idiot is back. Clubs currently get $15mill each from tv. If they had big fanbases they could make at least $30mill each like the broncos and eagles do. lazy clubs, lazy fans, over saturation, take your pick.

Perth Red

Post Whore
but but but
new untapped markets , new fans

phhhtt
19K out of 5 million plus for a team as successful as the storm is pathetic no need to bring out the polish to shine that turd.

lessons to be learnt , no more teams in non traditional markets
period!!
largest membership, top 3 tv audiences, top 3 attendances. Yep new market expansion is such a failure lol. You’re a fool.

Pippen94

First Grade
Haha the idiot is back. Clubs currently get $15mill each from tv. If they had big fanbases they could make at least $30mill each like the broncos and eagles do. lazy clubs, lazy fans, over saturation, take your pick.

Rights fees biggest source of income & that increases every deal. Worrying about attendance's is bs to pretend Sydney clubs aren't responsible for most of those viewers.

Pippen94

First Grade
Nobody knows even if you pretend to do so. It is useless using FTA TV metrics when most people with a brain and disposable income are watching on PayTV and streaming services

Yeah nah, out of sight out of mind. Most pay TV & kayo viewers are from league states..

Iamback

Coach
Not for clubs if they had decent fanbases. $15mill tv grant v $30mill they could make from fans if they had enough.

You always pedal this crap but who has hundreds of dollar to drop on what is essentially a hobby every couple of weeks?

TV money is a constant. Doesn't matter the weather, Teams form, Cost of living rising etc. That is the constant

Iamback

Coach
'It's too hard to travel a suburb over' is an excuse, what I presented are all objective realities of each market.

People like you are the reason this sport is f**ked. You're like a cancer on the pituitary gland stunting it's growth, and until the cancer is excised RL will always be a midget when it could be a giant.

You reap what you sow I guess.

Most the people in these threads whinging. Never attend games.

From experience too are older so don't have to judge kids sports and other boring BS that gets in the way of going to watch a hobby

Colk

First Grade
Yeah nah, out of sight out of mind. Most pay TV & kayo viewers are from league states..

You’re the one prosecuting the case that they don’t exist when there is no evidence supporting your view. In fact there is no evidence to support any particular view other than that of total amount of viewership nationwide which would include both Pay TV and FTA viewership.

First rule in having any type of debate is when prosecuting a point of view is to back it up with evidence. You repeat lines ad nauseum based on some, I’m going to assume here, emotional projection of the issue that you have.

Pippen94

First Grade
You’re the one prosecuting the case that they don’t exist when there is no evidence supporting your view. In fact there is no evidence to support any particular view other than that of total amount of viewership nationwide which would include both Pay TV and FTA viewership.

First rule in having any type of debate is when prosecuting a point of view is to back it up with evidence. You repeat lines ad nauseum based on some, I’m going to assume here, emotional projection of the issue that you have.

What information do we have?! What does it say about interest in Melbourne?!

Pippen94

First Grade
You always pedal this crap but who has hundreds of dollar to drop on what is essentially a hobby every couple of weeks?

TV money is a constant. Doesn't matter the weather, Teams form, Cost of living rising etc. That is the constant

Attendance's mean a lot less these days. Perth red focuses on them but impact of expansion on TV money will be deciding factor.

Iamback

Coach
Attendance's mean a lot less these days. Perth red focuses on them but impact of expansion on TV money will be deciding factor.

100%. Depending on the venue hire too somewhere like Penrith breaks even on less than Brisbane.

If you have all the corporates full, 15k members - money is locked in whether they show up or not. Then the crowd that actually shows means very little with TV money

Pippen94

First Grade
100%. Depending on the venue hire too somewhere like Penrith breaks even on less than Brisbane.

If you have all the corporates full, 15k members - money is locked in whether they show up or not. Then the crowd that actually shows means very little with TV money

Yep, TV money is more lucrative every deal, plus it idiot proofs league meaning that income is always coming in. Talk of attendance's is distraction, because those Sydney clubs drive kayo & fox subscription

Iamback

Coach
Yep, TV money is more lucrative every deal, plus it idiot proofs league meaning that income is always coming in. Talk of attendance's is distraction, because those Sydney clubs drive kayo & fox subscription

Not sure anyone can argue that the game was in a better place before Thurs, Friday and Monday night games. The flip side of that is lower crowds

Colk

First Grade
What information do we have?! What does it say about interest in Melbourne?!

Do you understand how to construct arguments? I am not the one prosecuting this argument.

As I said beforehand, if you are going to make all encompassing statements like that only a few thousand people are interested in League in Melbourne or Perth etc then you need to back it up with evidence.

Pippen94

First Grade
Do you understand how to construct arguments? I am not the one prosecuting this argument.

As I said beforehand, if you are going to make all encompassing statements like that only a few thousand people are interested in League in Melbourne or Perth etc then you need to back it up with evidence.

Look at the numbers.

Colk

First Grade
Look at the numbers.

What numbers? FTA? As I explained earlier you can’t assume that the majority of people who watching FTA. If they were, people would be talking about how the sport is dying as the FTA numbers are dropping and have been for a while.

On the contrary, more and more people are watching coverage that is not FTA and because you and I, or anybody else for that matter, don’t know where these people are watching the games from, you can’t definitively say that a particular region has low numbers etc.

Pippen94

First Grade
What numbers? FTA? As I explained earlier you can’t assume that the majority of people who watching FTA. If they were, people would be talking about how the sport is dying as the FTA numbers are dropping and have been for a while.

On the contrary, more and more people are watching coverage that is not FTA and because you and I, or anybody else for that matter, don’t know where these people are watching the games from, you can’t definitively say that a particular region has low numbers etc.

You can track viewers leaving FTA to go to kayo for Sydney but Melbourne viewership was always low.
Based on everything we know about how product on pay TV hurts exposure, NRL being on gem would limit interest. To suggest huge interest for NRL simply emerged in Melbourne is crazy, but I guess it's all you got to hang ur hat on..

largest membership, top 3 tv audiences, top 3 attendances. Yep new market expansion is such a failure lol. You’re a fool.
easy to have 35K members when 30K got a free one hahaha
any club would have the attendances they have with their success & 10 of them would have better ones

expansion into traditional markets only
we don't want any GWS's or GC Thuns in our comp thanks clown image7009191x.jpg