What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's Tim Smith and cricket's Clarke 'clash'

El Diablo

Post Whore
the issue is Smith caused trouble. he may of been as sober as a judge, but that is irrelevant.

James_Hardie

Juniors
So Strider you don't think Tim Smith has a problem? You don't think there is any correlation between his extra curricula activites and his form?

Mr Saab

Referee
El Diablo said:
yes

why else would he go out to a pub?

I dont know if you are shyte stirring or if you are serious...because that comment is ridiculous in the extreme

Hurriflatch

Referee
Strider: No one is disputing that this incident alone is only a minor thing

also it's irrelevent if he was kicked out for drinking or just shoving Clarke

the fact is that this is the 3rd time in 6 months he has been in the news for the wrong reasons.

He is no better then Willie Mason was a couple of years ago

Michael Clarke should be dropped with his place taken by Andrew Symonds.

Roy is a much better batsmen!! QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!

Timmy needs to spend a bit of time in "Mirror Town".

I don't think skateboarding or getting pissed will pay his bills in the future.

Utey

Coach
ffs get your act together boys.

It seems Riddell is always around when this stuff is going on... Coincidence?

But fair enough go out and have a good time but I cant understand why his throwing away the talent he has. Really disappointed atm. Iam all for having a good time and letting it out after a hard week of training/work/uni watever but does he have to go out and cause problems like this?

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
pray to god tim nevers signs with the gold coast cos can you imagine him up there, in that atmosphere with all his friends AND footy teammates around himm, all those clubs and pubs.... :(

Kornstar

Coach
At this point in time i wouldn't be surprised to see Tim released at the end of the season, much like Witt. Unless Hagan really thinks he can build a team around him, i don't think he will be with us much longer.....

Glenn

First Grade
I would say storm in a teapcup, but not even that more like a sun shower.
We are not privelleged to what was said, just what is reported.
However seems TS needs to steer clear of pubs, even if he is the innocent party in this he will always be the one in focus.

strider

Post Whore
James_Hardie said:
So Strider you don't think Tim Smith has a problem? You don't think there is any correlation between his extra curricula activites and his form?

mate, I'm just not willing to participate in the time honoured trandition of eels supporters kicking our players/coaches/admin when they are down

i'll chose to give timmy some leeway for now

The Colonel

Immortal
Glenn said:
I would say storm in a teapcup, but not even that more like a sun shower.
Glenn said:
We are not privelleged to what was said, just what is reported.
However seems TS needs to steer clear of pubs, even if he is the innocent party in this he will always be the one in focus.

The incident really isn't the issue. The fact is he still put himself in a situation where something could go wrong, and that is the most disturbing thing.

Glenn

First Grade
The Colonel said:
The incident really isn't the issue. The fact is he still put himself in a situation where something could go wrong, and that is the most disturbing thing.

Hence the needs to steer clear of pubs comments, even if he is the innocent party it will always be shown otherwise.

number8

Juniors
Aside from the inability to handle the turps, Tim hasn't been playing well enough to have earned a drink imo. Untill he finds some form & with a degree of consistancy about it, getting on the piss should be the last thing on his agenda. He needs to stop following Riddell up the pub until he first gets some other sh*t in order.

On Riddell, we knew of his reputation for the night life when we signed him. However he has proved to be an even more powerful entity than our clubs preset culture in relation to influencing the way our other players behave off the field. I guess when we signed him I thought that "Parramatta", & the way we were, would settle him a bit. But it seems he was immune to our clubs ways & his own have been somewhat infectious.

Riddell has great leadership on & off the fieild. But his off field examples are far removed from the responsible & appropriate to which we have become accustomed, or expected from a 1st grade leading NRL player. Mark knows how to handle himself on the piss. Some of the guys who follow him don't. He is not just a role model to the young fans but also his greener team mates. He needs to set a better example........ He's paid enough to make that small sacrifice.

Bottom line, I have no problem with celebratory drinks but given our position on the ladder these guys should be putting their time & energies elsewhere. I remember last season all the interviews about Smith, saying how many extra hours he put in on his own time to be able to play the way he was. Maybe he needs to get back to that place. That or reconsider what he wants to achieve in the game.

sooperdooper

First Grade
strider said:
if clarkey doesn't drink then fine ..... but i am still kinda upset that everyone is so ready to crucify timmy over this when
a) there really aren't any facts about why they got into a verbal in the first place
b) timmy was ejected for shoving clarke, not for being drunk
c) its really NOT a big event anyway .... timmy is going for a drink on his WEEK OFF .... no one here throwing stones at him ever has a drink?
clarke does drink