What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLT - Newcastle United Jets

antonius

Coach
Well the jets unfortunately lost in a penalty shootout. I hate those things, my young bloke lost a GF in one of those a few years back. Heartbreaking way to lose, still I suppose it's the only way to get a result if a replay is out of the question. I still think the Jets will be a major force in the "A" league. I for one will be attending their home games.

antonius

Coach
Just heard that one of their defenders broke his leg in the game, apparently the second time he's broken it in 18 months poor bugger.

antonius

Coach
The_Joey_Show said:
antonius said:
Just heard that one of their defenders broke his leg in the game, apparently the second time he's broken it in 18 months poor bugger.

A Jets defender or a Mariner?

From the Jets Forum board

SHATTERED Newcastle defender Andrew Durante last night broke his leg for the second time in 20 months when he was floored in a crude tackle in the Club World Championship marathon against Central Coast Mariners.

Durante was felled by Mariners' Nick Mrdja and was attended by ambulance officers for 12 minutes before being stretchered off.

Gene I didn't say you, I said our mob..meaning the club itself.

BUGGER!

The Knights injury curse extends to our other football team. I am so over this frickin injury run.

Durante was probably one of our best signings. This leaves a massive hole in the Jets backline.

crook

Juniors
Newcastle were disgraceful last night. Trying stupid flicks all the time, and I can't remember one of them working.

There was a few patches of good football, but all in all, the Coast were the better team.

I can't wait till the start of the real comp now, bring on the A-League.

Hey crook rally your supporters lad.

Sydney will bring about 1000 supporters to EA stadium on the 28 of October 500+ of whom will be vocal singing bay 23 boys.

see ya then.

crook

Juniors
Gene Krupa said:
What's the point of going to EA stadium?

Jets have no home ground!

Thats funny, coz I went to EA Stadium 2 weeks ago and saw the Jets play.

Anyone see the A-League ad on TV last night?? How awesome is it!!

Very slick advertising... really hits the younger market between the eyes. Bit of local flavour with Nick Carle being one of the starts too...

Latest posts