What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW - 2024

RedVee

First Grade
What’s with Souths?
Before the first year of NRLW they were talking themselves up as certainties but missed out. But it’s been years now and they haven’t got a spot?

Is it a geographical thing from the NRL? Or have they not been pushing to get in?

10$ Ferret

Staff member
What’s with Souths?
Before the first year of NRLW they were talking themselves up as certainties but missed out. But it’s been years now and they haven’t got a spot?

Is it a geographical thing from the NRL? Or have they not been pushing to get in?
I think there are a couple of factors. From what I heard their application to join the NRLW tried really hard to be a work in amateurish mediocracy. I am not sure they are willing to spend much money in funding the women's game. The success had from that region are on the back of the effort of a club (RAB) not Souths. Since Souths took over its really gone downhill and they are not really creating a great environment from what I hear.

All the players named alongside their QLD Premiership teams. Throwback to pre-Origin days.

Any word on how ticket sales are going? Haven't noticed much promotion as yet. Albeit I'm on the other side of the world.