What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW season 2022

aqua_duck

Coach
So apparently Caitlin Moran posted her thought about queen Lizzie on Instagram and the mole was so offended he dobbed her in to the club. Haven't seen the post as she's taken it down but apparently had something to do with colonisation and tbh couldn't have been as bad as half the stuff I've seen on twitter the last 24 hours but, Moley gotta look out for his mates at the Roosters it seems 🙄
called her a dumb dog and celebrated her death. The royal family means nothing to me but the optics are terrible and predictable the media are beating it up and labelling her as one of the marquee faces of the NRLW to get more traction

PhilGould

Bench
Changes to the team for tomorrow
- Tamika Upton has been ruled out with a calf injury. Big loss. Caitlin Moran is named at fullback for now but I'd expect that to change before game time. Tiana Davison regains her spot on the bench.
- Bobbi Law also ruled out, replaced by Emmanita Paki on debut at centre.

Frederick

Staff member
- Tamika Upton has been ruled out with a calf injury. Big loss. Caitlin Moran is named at fullback for now but I'd expect that to change before game time. Tiana Davison regains her spot on the bench.
Not great news at all!

newyboy

Juniors
So apparently Caitlin Moran posted her thought about queen Lizzie on Instagram and the mole was so offended he dobbed her in to the club. Haven't seen the post as she's taken it down but apparently had something to do with colonisation and tbh couldn't have been as bad as half the stuff I've seen on twitter the last 24 hours but, Moley gotta look out for his mates at the Roosters it seems 🙄
If you want to be a professional, certain standards apply.

Newcastle do not need a person like her and i am not supporting a team who tolerates such behaviour.

Upton will be a huge loss.

Nothing to do with the Roosters at all - Tony Adams is the Mole.

Moran had a picture of Queen Elizabeth II above the said post she made

According to Ray Hadley it said

"Today's a good F'ing Day Uncle Luke announces his tour ( A Rapper) and this dumb dog dies happy f'ing Friday"

called her a dumb dog and celebrated her death. The royal family means nothing to me but the optics are terrible and predictable the media are beating it up and labelling her as one of the marquee faces of the NRLW to get more traction
I think as Andrew Johns said no player should use social media. Sunil Gavaskar said it more succinctly "there is nothing social about social media"

Have to be pretty daft to post that under your own name though.

PhilGould

Bench
Up against the best centre pairing in the comp but Parker & Teitzel should put up a good fight in defence.

Most worried about the back 3. Whitfeld is brand new to league and looked pretty lost at stages last week on the wing, Takairangi has hands like feet so far & Paki is a young centre making her debut on the wing. McGregor has probably the best attacking kicking game in the comp so could cause some headaches.

Gonna need to dominate through the middle to have any chance I think, and giving Predebon her first start reflects that. Expect big minutes from Boyle & Johnston.

PhilGould

Bench
Been a pretty even contest after the horror opening 5-10 minutes. Knights have matched if not gotten the upper hand through the middle since then but are attacking like a team without their best player and with a number of players in new positions/combinations.

Both tries have come off questionable at best passes but we let them up the field far too easily in the first place.

If you want to be a professional, certain standards apply.

Newcastle do not need a person like her and i am not supporting a team who tolerates such behaviour.
Yep 100%

From what I've heard, Moran is a pretty reprehensible human who's gotten offside with just about every club she's been to

Starting 3 props was a bit of a cock up imo. Left the middle slow and lacking mobility and the Roosters took full advantage. Also meant Boyle and Johnston had to play more minutes than usual

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
We Knights'd that. Still a good performance against 1st with our fullback out.

PhilGould

Bench
Would've been nice to hold on but there's plenty of positives to take out of that. Upton alone is enough to swing that result IMO.

Got the Dragons next week and barring a Titans miracle win over the Roosters we're locked into the 2v3 final vs the Dragons, so we'll play them twice in a row. Saw Upton getting around the ground with a noticeable limp today, doubt she'll be risked in a "pointless" game unless she's 110%.

Latest posts