What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW

Apey

Staff member
Jasmin Strange & Tina Davison have signed with the Roosters. First one not particularly surprising.

aqua_duck

Coach
Jasmin Strange & Tina Davison have signed with the Roosters. First one not particularly surprising.
I don’t think Strange is a big loss, disappointed we couldn’t hold on to Davison as I feel like she was coming along nicely.

aqua_duck

Coach
At least we'll always have Strange's insta
Yep, thankfully that isn’t going anywhere haha.

She was slow for a winger. I agree Davison is the bigger loss.
Slow and not great hands either, though she wasn’t afraid to roll the sleeves up for the tough carries.
I’d love to see up try to get Emmanita Paki back who’ll be a good 18 months removed from tearing her ACL in the 2022 GF

Strange made awful reads in defence. There were times my 12yo son was even yelling at the telly for her to hold her width and trust her inside players when she unnecessarily jammed in and made soft contact

PhilGould

Bench
All edge players are going to get caught out and look dumb from time to time but I recall more instances of Strange rushing in and shutting down a play than getting it wrong. Knights were the best defensive team in the comp so evidently it wasn't too much of a problem in any event.

Her ability (or lack thereof) in attack is why I'm not upset to see her go.

No amount of attempting to buy a Premiership will matter much if they dont fix their culture. The post game press conference after their finals loss was a train wreck.

All edge players are going to get caught out and look dumb from time to time but I recall more instances of Strange rushing in and shutting down a play than getting it wrong. Knights were the best defensive team in the comp so evidently it wasn't too much of a problem in any event.

Her ability (or lack thereof) in attack is why I'm not upset to see her go.
Our inside players were good enough to cover her. She was awful

Nuke

Staff member
I'm disappointed to read that. :(
This would be the main downside of being successful, I guess.

On another note, should we possibly rename this thread to remove the '2023' reference, given its now 2024, and we're starting to talk about 2025 and beyond already?

PhilGould

Bench
Not sure how to change the title.

Huge shame about Johnston. Article in the Herald unsurprisingly says it was a business decision on her end, and after already winning a couple of comps at home I couldn't really begrudge her for chasing more money. She's Newcastle through and through so I'll be surprised if she's not back here at some stage. Hopefully she goes out on a high this year.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Even in the women’s game, you’d imagine if the Roosters lost a player of CJ’s calibre (they probably wouldn’t in the first place but let me cook), another star would come in to replace them instantly. When it’s us, we’ll probably replace her with someone no one ever heard of who’s currently playing in the Brisbane local comp or something.

Lynoman

Bench
Completely shattered to see Caitlan going to the Sharks. She was my favourite Knights NRLW player. :(

Latest posts