What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW

Apey

Staff member
Winners! Got monstered in the metres as is Knights tradition and still pulled out a win for back to back. f**k yeah!

Seage

Juniors
What a great win. So good having a gritty, talented side to be proud of. Tameka aside, Kayla Romaniuk really turned the match with some great offloads. And Hannah Southwell and Tayla Predabon crushed anything that moved in defence. Such a shame we're losing Ron Griffiths to NSW Cup. Better be well replaced.

Apey

Staff member
Jesse Southwell had a bit of a dud game again I thought. Not trying to pick on her, just can't help but expect a lot from her given what we've seen from her. But this team is so great we can still sneak a win if one big gun doesn't fire.

aqua_duck

Coach
Who is that with those offloads. I think 2 in that one set. Great stuff!!
Kayla Romaniuk, she’s a very good offloader in particular late offloads as she’s shown. There’s nowhere near as many offloads in the women’s game as the girls typically have smaller hands and aren’t able to grip the ball in one hand like a lot of the men do but she’s one that seems to be able to take the ball into contact and get the one arm offloads away.

aqua_duck

Coach
Jesse Southwell had a bit of a dud game again I thought. Not trying to pick on her, just can't help but expect a lot from her given what we've seen from her. But this team is so great we can still sneak a win if one big gun doesn't fire.
She still struggles with the game management side which is expected given her age, Dibb was the perfect halves partner for her as Dibb is quite a dominant playmaker, Roache is predominantly a 2nd receiver which makes Jesse’s job abit tougher but luckily Tamika has developed so much in her ball playing that he can still work.

Apey

Staff member
She still struggles with the game management side which is expected given her age, Dibb was the perfect halves partner for her as Dibb is quite a dominant playmaker, Roache is predominantly a 2nd receiver which makes Jesse’s job abit tougher but luckily Tamika has developed so much in her ball playing that he can still work.
Could have been a bit harsh on her too, the first half we didn't seem to have the breeze, but she also seemed to shirk her duty a bit. But yeah as you say she's only 18. Hopefully she just keeps getting better.

Lynoman

Bench
I've seen Joey play more times than I have seen Tamika but she is a cut above the pack in more of a gap than Joey ever was.

Frederick

Staff member
Belinda Sharpe did her very best to make sure Karyn Murphy got the premiership win. My god there were some horrific calls and non-calls. She should be investigated for match fixing based on the accidental offside non-call alone.

Thanks Christ we have Tamika.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Well done to the girls. Getting monstered and outmuscled for a lot of the game but hung in there and got the win.
Congrats on 2 in a row.

aqua_duck

Coach
Belinda Sharpe did her very best to make sure Karyn Murphy got the premiership win. My god there were some horrific calls and non-calls. She should be investigated for match fixing based on the accidental offside non-call alone.

Thanks Christ we have Tamika.
Unfortunately as much as the players have risen to a high level in NRLW the officiating hasn’t followed suit. I appreciate the NRL are trying hard to develop Sharpe due to them wanting to have more diversity and gender inclusion in the ref ranks but sometimes you just can’t flog a dead horse

Unicorn

Juniors
Congratulations girls, awesome win, hope your headaches aren't too bad this morning, go Knights.