What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW

Haffa

The fact we know it’s commentators voting and the comms team for NRLW games is so limited it doesn’t take a genius to figure out who is voting.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
There is genuinely a massive cliquiness/favouritism thing going on in the women’s game at the moment. Keep an eye out for some extremely odd Jillaroos selections this year. Every time you see a name which has you thinking “hang on, this is a bit weird, isn’t (player x) way better?” - yes, they are. The player who got picked instead is in there because she has the right mates, and/or the player who missed out didn’t get picked because those girls don’t like her.

aqua_duck

Coach
There is genuinely a massive cliquiness/favouritism thing going on in the women’s game at the moment. Keep an eye out for some extremely odd Jillaroos selections this year. Every time you see a name which has you thinking “hang on, this is a bit weird, isn’t (player x) way better?” - yes, they are. The player who got picked instead is in there because she has the right mates, and/or the player who missed out didn’t get picked because those girls don’t like her.
We saw that already in origin, the thing is they can get away with it because media coverage of NRLW is still quite limited

Apey

Staff member
We put up a better fight which is kind of what I expected. Too big too strong this year the Roosters.

Penitani just scored though.

Edit: sweet, I put the mockers on them!

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Fox with hilder and Barrett on comms. Painful
puke-throw-up.gif

Nuke

Staff member
With the Roosters winning it, at least Ch9 has their promo shot when advertising the NRLW for another year without having to go back several years for that shot of the Roosters raising the trophy. They can totally forget that Newcastle won it for those two years in a row now. Good on Ch9.

aqua_duck

Coach
Just to show how cliquey and factional NRLW is Olivia Kernick fresh off winning the Dally M and scoring 2 tries in a grand final win just lost her spot in the Jillaroos squad

Rod

Bench
A pretty weird one considering she plays for the Roosters, a team we generally equate with being on the right end of those sort of politics.

Have to choose my words carefully here because it might come across as sexist (not my intention), but it does feel like these fledgling womens sports comps are more prone to this kind of favouritism and old-school politics/agendas. I guess it's mainly because they're not fully professional so the people in charge aren't as accountable for their bad decisions?

You're seeing it in comps like the WNBA too, which is gaining in popularity but is still prone to some bizarre stuff. New stars like Caitlin Clark being treated like shit by the 'old guard'. It's like a kind of gatekeeping, perhaps these women/administrators are used to getting their own way and not being questioned when it comes to team selections etc, I don't know.

Latest posts