What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 18s name 4 Dragons

supermums

Juniors
You are so right but in Hastings case he is the son of a Dragons mum and Rooster's dad....obviously he has great genes running thru his blood lines...i was just upset at some of the negative things being said about the kid....im sure his mum is doing everything she can to keep him in Wollongong just not sure who get's the final say...just hope it is her....
please everyone lets give credit to these young achievers not critise them especially when if you dont know these kids personally. I think he has actually handled all the attention in a humble manner...cheers

watatank

Coach
Is this the only thread you have read?

If you read a number of posts across this forum there are plenty of positive comments. There are some posts that suggest that he should wear the number 7 in first grade next year. More than enough praise for him at the moment. Maybe even too much.

supermums

Juniors
No have not read any other posts a friend put us onto this post.
I am sure he needs to take his time to develop into his frame before you could even think about putting him in cutters let alone NRL team....
He is only just starting this is the problem im sure him or his family do not want to rush him to anything he could not handle hopefully common sense will win out on this.....hence the reason the kid has not signed a new contract....what i believe he could play 4 years in the 20's maybe this time next year we will all know how he is developing...i think the dragons need to lock up Hastings and Bird as soon as possible Bird is off contract next year and every club will be lining up for his signature...also been told the two mum's are great friends and they would love to see the boys in the same team...only what ive heard not sure in the truth in that last statement.

No wrong definately not his mother.......but yes she did play rugby league and from what I have heard still represents oz tag for Australia.....
im a dragon's supporter just like you but i just cannot stand looser's like yourself putting shit on talented kids we have in our system......

Supermums,

Father Ted is right. I'm a great guy. I just wish I had the positive self image to acknowledge that.

Speaking of which, I do not know Jackson Hastings, and have never seen him play. I just made a comment that I actually do hope he has that wonderful thing called confidence in his demeanor. Gives X factor later on in his career. Being humble is admirable for sure, but maybe a bit over-rated (for mine) in the context of a young rising star. Whatever, it must be difficult for a very young man to manage all that attention on his own, so great that you support him so much.

And the reference to "mediocrity" in my post which you may have taken offence to is a swipe by me at the culture currently in Dragons coaching and (maybe management too) - and just me (and others) frustrated by our Dragons position on the table and wondering what's gone wrong - not at all directed to Jackson Hastings the person. Like I said, I have never seen him play, but there are many on here that make a point of attending our juniors games, and watching them play.

Keep supporting the young guy the way that you do.

It's all good : )

...and welcome to Dragons Forum.

Steelman

Juniors
No have not read any other posts a friend put us onto this post.
I am sure he needs to take his time to develop into his frame before you could even think about putting him in cutters let alone NRL team....
He is only just starting this is the problem im sure him or his family do not want to rush him to anything he could not handle hopefully common sense will win out on this.....hence the reason the kid has not signed a new contract....what i believe he could play 4 years in the 20's maybe this time next year we will all know how he is developing...i think the dragons need to lock up Hastings and Bird as soon as possible Bird is off contract next year and every club will be lining up for his signature...also been told the two mum's are great friends and they would love to see the boys in the same team...only what ive heard not sure in the truth in

DOUST PLEASE LOCK BIRD AND HASTINGS UP ASAP LONG TERM THESE BOYS R FUTURE NRL STARS

supermums

Juniors
All taken on board Black Forest Dragon..All I have to say is not sure where you get over rated from if you have not seen him play... This kid has had to play 1,6,7&9 at schoolboys, club, junior reps & NSW representative levels.Also player of the series at Australian schoolboys 15's
My husband said he handles every position no matter what level he is playing at. Just remember start of S.G bALL season he was coming off the bench with no 9 on his back until they worked out the fullback was not very good so who did they call on to fill that position no 9 has now represented NSW IN 6, 7 & 9 all this tells me is he must go ok..The Bird kid kind of the same deal he plays in 6 or 13...Bothe these kids are future dragon's stars in lots of people's eyes. Then there is aslo Hutchinson & Aitken they should not be forgotten either...we have 4 kids in NSW 18's & just has 2 in 16's all from the iLLAWARRA

All taken on board Black Forest Dragon..All I have to say is not sure where you get over rated from if you have not seen him play... This kid has had to play 1,6,7&9 at schoolboys, club, junior reps & NSW representative levels.Also player of the series at Australian schoolboys 15's
My husband said he handles every position no matter what level he is playing at. Just remember start of S.G bALL season he was coming off the bench with no 9 on his back until they worked out the fullback was not very good so who did they call on to fill that position no 9 has now represented NSW IN 6, 7 & 9 all this tells me is he must go ok..The Bird kid kind of the same deal he plays in 6 or 13...Bothe these kids are future dragon's stars in lots of people's eyes. Then there is aslo Hutchinson & Aitken they should not be forgotten either...we have 4 kids in NSW 18's & just has 2 in 16's all from the iLLAWARRA

naahhhh .....I mean being humble is over-rated!

From all accounts on this Forum - Jackson is a gun

cheers

hermidale1

Juniors
...we have 4 kids in NSW 18's & just has 2 in 16's all from the iLLAWARRA[/QUOTE]

I totally agree here that it is great to see DRAGONS playing in the NSW 18's. Last year in the NSW 16's in Melbourne we had 3 playing, 2 from St.George.
Then if you look at the schoolboy tournaments this year, there are plenty from both sides going to Cairns in the 18's and Canberra in the 15's. The bottom line is, the Dragons will have a good 20's squad over the next couple of years. Illawarra have some very good backs, while St.George have some very good forwards. The trick will be the club hanging onto them to guide them through to the higher level.

TheRev

First Grade
f**k.. I just realised there is no coverage at all for this game on 9 or Fox, why do they do that exactly? Would be a cracking game to watch..

I suspect its because its a wednesday night, cause they televised a match a few months back, think it was Under 20's Origin with Garvey/Runciman in it.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Bird was the only one who deserved a spot IMO.

Illawarra didn't even make the finals in SG Ball! St George were knocked out in the Preliminary Finals and didn't get a player in.

supermums

Juniors
Good luck to all 4 boys tomorrow night representing Illawarra in the curtain raiser state of origin....Fantastic news I was informed tonight Jackson Hastings Captain and Goal Kicker fantastic achievement Jacko and Jack Bird to recover from all you have been through go get them you gun you are all champions.

Good luck to all 4 boys tomorrow night representing Illawarra in the curtain raiser state of origin....Fantastic news I was informed tonight Jackson Hastings Captain and Goal Kicker fantastic achievement Jacko and Jack Bird to recover from all you have been through go get them you gun you are all champions.

Goodonya Supermum ! ...What great support you are for our young men.

cheers : )

TheRev

First Grade
Saw a comment on another pic of Hastings in his blues jersey, saying he has just signed with Roosters? Wishful thinking or is it done?

nrlnrl

First Grade
You would think fox would televise it?
Would be great to watch our future stars

I agree, but sadly won't happen.

Channel 9 run the show & wouldn't allow Fox to televise it, plus Ch9 have no interest in showing it on the night. All their facilities are preparing for the main game & wouldn't want to mess around with something else. ( grand final day is different with a much longer drawn out day of events & they can slot in lower grades easily )

They dictate the Origin kickoff time ( it'll be between 8.15 & 8.20 again ). That's another point of contention - kickoff should be 7.45 at the latest so kids can watch it easily.

Back to the subject

It's different to grand final day when they show lower grades as it's not a weekday like Origin when Ch9 have their news locked in to 6. They want their pre-game show to hype up the game & just don't have time ( or the interest ) in moving away from their set schedule.

Latest posts