What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 2019

aqua_duck

Coach
Origin wins and losses is all the matters when you talk about Pearce
I have never said Pearce should be picked and Pearce pretty much acknowledged as such but to say Cleary is performing better statistically or other compared to Pearce and likewise Tamou to Klemmer is completely laughable

Big Pete

Referee
They must have some funny stats because Pearce absolutely annihilates Cleary in whatever stat you want to choose and likewise Klemmer over Tamou

Keep in mind the team was based on the first nine rounds of the competition and doesn't include Pearce's timely boost against the Dragons.

Their weighting system is:
Runs: 15
Running Metres: 25
Offloads: 30
Tackle-Breaks: 30
Tackles: 20
Line-Breaks: 60
Line-Break Assists: 40
Try Assists: 60
Tries: 70
Forced Dropouts: 25
Post-Contact Metres: 12
Missed Tackles: -20
Penalties: -40
Errors: -30

Pearce doesn't run the ball as much, he's been weaker defensively, makes more mistakes and gives away more penalties.

Tamou benefits by having more TBs, Tries and Line-Breaks.

I believe the figures they used were from STATS who provide NRL.com with their figures. Fox and the NRL have very different stats with Pearce nearly having twice the amount of TAs on Fox than he has on the official website.

I don't think Nathan Cleary or James Tamou deserve to be in the NSW Squad based on this year's form but I thought it was an interesting point to consider and I like how these stat based teams toss up names like Daniel Tupou and Shaun Lane who haven't rated much of a mention. It's a flawed system and I think it would be best to hold off until Round 11 but it's an interesting perspective to consider none the less.

TheFrog

Coach
They must have some funny stats because Pearce absolutely annihilates Cleary in whatever stat you want to choose and likewise Klemmer over Tamou
I'm not sure too many people have suggested dropping Klemmer. Tamou is playing very well this year in a pack that isn't helping him much, and would be valuable off the bench, but very hard to get picked in a side performing this badly. His work tends not to get noticed.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm not sure too many people have suggested dropping Klemmer. Tamou is playing very well this year in a pack that isn't helping him much, and would be valuable off the bench, but very hard to get picked in a side performing this badly. His work tends not to get noticed.
I think Tamou is playing well, not as well as Klemmer though contrary to what big league stats might indicate.
I feel abit for Tamou, he's been badly let down by the rest of his pack, RCG is a shadow of his former self, Kikau is injured every second week, JFH is a tackle missing machine, Katoa has about as much vision at dummy half as Michael Lichaa and I'm not entirely sure what Martin, Ellis and Fuimoano offer exactly.
I think the thing that works against Tamou most is his age and his losing record at origin level. I think Tamou is in the same boat as guys like Pearce, Woods, Dugan, Jackson, Merrin (before he went to ESL), Tupou, Dylan Walker, etc who seem to be tainted with the failures of the past

I haven't seen enough of Cleary really, but he's quite a big body with a good kick and goes to the line at times, stats apparently says he takes the line on quite a lot. We won the series last yr as you know, so IMO, it would be wrong to drop him for Game I.

aqua_duck

Coach
I haven't seen enough of Cleary really, but he's quite a big body with a good kick and goes to the line at times, stats apparently says he takes the line on quite a lot. We won the series last yr as you know, so IMO, it would be wrong to drop him for Game I.
Rate him as a prospect but his form is terrible at present

Spot On

Coach
WTF is going on in here????

Tamou, Daniel Freaking Tupou, Pearcey, Dugan, Fergo....

FFS people, we won the series last year. That doesn't mean you give it back straight away!

You are allowed to pick your best players the year after raising the trophy, not return to the squad that lost it for eternity.

big hit!

Bench
WTF is going on in here????

Tamou, Daniel Freaking Tupou, Pearcey, Dugan, Fergo....

FFS people, we won the series last year. That doesn't mean you give it back straight away!

You are allowed to pick your best players the year after raising the trophy, not return to the squad that lost it for eternity.

Ferguson is the only one in that lot who probably deserves to come back based on subjective ranking of all players in his position. Then again, he does have a brain snap in him under pressure.

Haven't watch a lot of knight this year, but johns just said on Thursday night footy that Pearce has 4 motm in a row. If he has a big game v's the roosters he will be very likely to make a return.

ram raid

Bench
Pearce is just too unreliable. It would be better for him and Newcastle for him to keep leading the Knights.

They should pick Cleary and Keary in the halves. NSW just need somebody safe at 7 who can kick for territory. as Cleary can do. He just needs to be told to kick to the corners and get rid of that midfield bomb bullshit out of his game,

TheFrog

Coach
Haven't watch a lot of knight this year, but johns just said on Thursday night footy that Pearce has 4 motm in a row. If he has a big game v's the roosters he will be very likely to make a return.
If Fittler is having these sort of thoughts he really needs to watch the last 20 minutes of game 2, 2017 again. Pearce is just not up to it. He has stunk up NSW for the very last time.

aqua_duck

Coach
If Fittler is having these sort of thoughts he really needs to watch the last 20 minutes of game 2, 2017 again. Pearce is just not up to it. He has stunk up NSW for the very last time.
Pearce has pretty much conceded himself that origin isn't for him

Latest posts