What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW are Grubs

Didgi

Hey, we're all allowed a pointless, bitter, stupid thread every now and then aren't we?

Slackboy72

Coach
Unfortunately I would agree with you.
Mind you with guys like Slater, Thaiday and Thurston it's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

Goldthorpe

Bench
Unfortunately I would agree with you.
Mind you with guys like Slater, Thaiday and Thurston it's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.
thats_racist.gif

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Did anyone else notice Gallen working the pressure points on a few QLD players last night? A couple of times, the camera actually zoomed in on him manipulating the back of the neck and behind the ears with his hand. I can't think of anything else he would have been doing, and on each occasion the tackled player clearly got up angry with Gallen.

Honestly, he really is the classic footy villain. It's getting to the point where it's not even shocking anymore. It's expected of him.

timka4

Bench
Honestly, he really is the classic footy villain. It's getting to the point where it's not even shocking anymore. It's expected of him.
I don't remember a day when Gallen wasn't like that. I thought players from both sides did the usual dirty rounds. But yes the only real dirty players I noticed were Ennis, Gallen and Thaiday occasionally

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I don't remember a day when Gallen wasn't like that. I thought players from both sides did the usual dirty rounds. But yes the only real dirty players I noticed were Ennis, Gallen and Thaiday occasionally

I think there was a time when people were geniunely shocked by his grubbiness. Now it's more a matter of "That's just Gallen".

There was niggle from both sides last night, but I didn't see anyone else seeking out pressure points as Gallen appeared to be. This could be a new low for him.

Doomednow

Bench
Both teams have grubby players. Queensland pretending that they are squeaky clean and trying to build a PR campaign on it is hilarious. Slater and Thurston are proven grubs, and Thaiday is always the last guy into the fight putting the cheapest hits in. Clearly NSW has their share of idiots, but at least most NSW fans acknowledge it. Some of them (myself included) are even ashamed of it. Most Queenslanders handle the grubbiness in their team through denial.

Knightmare

Coach
Both teams have grubby players. Queensland pretending that they are squeaky clean and trying to build a PR campaign on it is hilarious. Slater and Thurston are proven grubs, and Thaiday is always the last guy into the fight putting the cheapest hits in. Clearly NSW has their share of idiots, but at least most NSW fans acknowledge it. Some of them (myself included) are even ashamed of it. Most Queenslanders handle the grubbiness in their team through denial.

+1

Tell Qlders that Ennis and Gallen are grubs and they will agree wholeheartedly, but then mention Slater, Thaiday, Hodgson and Thurston and they will deny it until they are blue in the face and insist those players are just "passionate".

SDM

First Grade
Gallen is great. Love players who dont hide the fact they are grubs, gotta do what you gotta do.
I hate players like Steve Price who pretend they are something else.