What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW are Grubs

Ponkers

Juniors
Why can't we just agree that both teams are full of grubs. They're bloody rugby league players for christ's sake, what do you expect?

The only difference is one team of grubs have won 5 series in a row and just pulled off a clean sweep, the other team of grubs is in shambles...

Doomednow

Bench
Why can't we just agree that both teams are full of grubs. They're bloody rugby league players for christ's sake, what do you expect?

The only difference is one team of grubs have won 5 series in a row and just pulled off a clean sweep, the other team of grubs is in shambles...

+1

MightyBronco

Juniors
I need to see more evidence of QLD grub acts in this series for me to agree with that.

We are lucky Crocker wasnt there this year!

Big Pete

Referee
You'd be up against a wall trying to argue Queensland don't have a history of 'grubbiness' when players such as Andrew Gee, Michael Crocker, Chris Close, Artie Beetson, Carl Webb and Michael Crocker have been selected.

With that said NSW certainly turned the grub metre up to 11 on Wednesday.

And hells bells it nearly worked for them. I don't know why anybody should be offended this is Origin, the arena where this kind of behavior isn't just tolerated it's celebrated.

Sure it's ugly but when you're coming up against a side as dangerous as Queensland anything you can do to put them off their game is an absolute bonus.

Ironically though, it was the grubbiness of Michael Ennis, who earnt his jersey for that aspect of his game, that ultimately gave Queensland a brilliant chance at their line, which of course they took with open arms.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
NSW players are grubs... NSW fans begrudgingly admit it, say its not something they are proud of.

QLD players are grubs... QLD fans hold up their grubbiest players as heroes, make youtube videos designed to make people shed a tear for those poor QLD players. Admit nothing. (EDIT: with the possible exception of Big Pete)

Idris got his hair pulled in game 1, so enough about that thankyou.

Where has anyone claimed that there is no grubbiness in the QLD team?

The issue isn't that QLD fans can't admit they have some players capable of dirty cheap football, it's that certain NSW fans simply refuse to admit that the Blues had the absolute lion's share of grubbiness in this series. It is quite clear that they were coached to do it. And yes, Idris had his hair pulled in game 1, but when Weyman, Learoyd-Lahrs and Gidley all pull players' hair in tackles, something is afoot.

Dazzat

First Grade
Yes ... there is a difference between random acts of grub on the field and those applied with obvious intent by NSWers in Games 2 and 3 in particular.

In the immortal words from the movie "Chicken Run" ... south of the border "they're organised" in grubbiness.

mrpwnd

Bench
I love how when defending hair pulling you say "harden up you skirts".

Ironic.

Show us evidence of QLD using these tactics in a coordinated gameplan such as the Blues have this year. I can tell you categorically - QLD players have never been coached to "go out there and pull some hair"

And I can't see anyone complaining about hands on faces in tackles. Now that I think of it, I don't think there were any hands on faces. Just elbows and knees. I suppose next you'll tell us holding a player's head down with your knee then pulling his hair when he tries to get up has been part of the game since "the start of time". I guess you could be right though - isn't that what cavemen called "romance"?

:lol:
Well, based on your valuable and time-waste of a supposition, there is no evidence QLD use it as a 'gameplan', but they use it nevertheless, will you deny that? Just because one team uses it as a 'gameplan(LOL)' doesn't mean that the other team are a bunch of perfect little boys. And the pulling hair, dead set, who cares? LOL! If he was doing to someone like Thaiday, he'd be doing the bloke a favour by making him more pretty.

And for the record, I enjoy both Canberra and Cairns.

Knightmare

Coach
This thread reminds me of why I'm so proud to be a Queenslander and emphasises that; no matter how many series victories, no matter how dominant, the hatred of NSW and desire to beat NSW will always burn bright.

It's called an inferiority complex, something people in NSW are born without. When the worst things about your state is the Labor party and the Origin team, you know you've got it pretty sweet! :p

AuDragon

Juniors
It's called an inferiority complex, something people in NSW are born without. When the worst things about your state is the Labor party and the Origin team, you know you've got it pretty sweet! :p

After reading the above, I'm pretty sure there is another thing people in NSW are born without:

A BRAIN! #-o

user_nat

Coach
You'd be up against a wall trying to argue Queensland don't have a history of 'grubbiness' when players such as Andrew Gee, Michael Crocker, Chris Close, Artie Beetson, Carl Webb and Michael Crocker have been selected.

Don't forget Micheal Crocker!

Latest posts