What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Blues 2024

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
He is in the team now which drastically improves NSW chance of winning
Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

blue bags

First Grade
Bring Eddie back for origin 2
Playing on the wing
Teddy staying as fullback
That's my original plan 😁
Both have played in same team before

speedster

Juniors
Don't expect to see too many backline spreads reaching the wingers now that ball-hog Tedesco is back in. With Luai and Tedesco again paired in the backline, it's a guarantee of lots of stopping, propping, stepping back inside and going it alone. The wingers will have to settle for as many dummy half runs and one-off the ruck hit-ups as they can manage.

[sigh]

MKCS

Juniors
I think we should all be pleased, I think picking Edwards was a mistake given that Suaalii and Lomax are also in the team, NSW now has an experienced representative fullback to lead a relatively inexperienced backline. Tedesco has more Origin experience than the entire NSW backline and halves combined, hard to replace that.

If they wanted to pick Edwards then the backline should've been Edwards, Addo-Carr, Burton, Crichton and To'o. Blessing in disguise here.

Don't expect to see too many backline spreads reaching the wingers now that ball-hog Tedesco is back in. With Luai and Tedesco again paired in the backline, it's a guarantee of lots of stopping, propping, stepping back inside and going it alone. The wingers will have to settle for as many dummy half runs and one-off the ruck hit-ups as they can manage.

[sigh]

I dunno about that one man. Manu this year has crossed for 10 tries in 11 games, Dom Young has crossed for 8 in 9 games and Tupou has crossed for 7 in 10 games.

Tedesco is also in the top 10 for try assists with 9 try assists in 11 games which is more than Luai and Edwards...

speedster

Juniors
I think we should all be pleased, I think picking Edwards was a mistake given that Suaalii and Lomax are also in the team, NSW now has an experienced representative fullback to lead a relatively inexperienced backline. Tedesco has more Origin experience than the entire NSW backline and halves combined, hard to replace that.

If they wanted to pick Edwards then the backline should've been Edwards, Addo-Carr, Burton, Crichton and To'o. Blessing in disguise here.

I dunno about that one man. Manu this year has crossed for 10 tries in 11 games, Dom Young has crossed for 8 in 9 games and Tupou has crossed for 7 in 10 games.

Tedesco is also in the top 10 for try assists with 9 try assists in 11 games which is more than Luai and Edwards...
Roosters have had some blow out scores this year which get all those attacking numbers up when there's lots of space to run it. Kudos n' all (not today though).

Different story in Origin which are typically tight and require taking the few opportunities that come your way. In rep footy, both sides have star-studded backlines and need to function as a backline. It was the big difference in game 1 last year. Tedesco had an unmarked winger outside him but dummied and got held up. NSW dominated field position for large parts but kept going it alone too often and then late in the game, the Queensland backline was in full swing and got it out to their edges when it mattered and iced the game.

Pumpkin

Juniors
Guys relax. I've been watching origin almost since its inception, and nsw never win with a sub standard team. Our team is garbage this year.