What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Blues 2024

speedster

Juniors
Origin II team

1 Edwards
2 To'o
3 Crichton S
4 Mitchell
5 Lomax
6 Luai
7 Moses
8 Jurbo
9 Api
10 Haas
11 Martin
12 Crichton A
13 Yeo

14 McInness
15 *Murray (if available)/*Olakau'atu
16 Paulo
17 Utoikamanu Leniu

18 Hynes/Young

Last edited:

ALX25

Bench
Origin II team

1 Edwards
2 To'o
3 Crichton S
4 Mitchell
5 Lomax
6 Luai
7 Moses
8 Jurbo
9 Api
10 Haas
11 Martin
12 Crichton A
13 Yeo

14 McInness
15 *Olakau'atu (*Murray if available)
16 Paulo
17 Utoikamanu

18 Hynes/Young

No room for Leniu?

MKCS

Juniors
Like I said, Suaalii = barge arse. Not much else. Over rated, over hyped, overstepped the mark yet again. Good in yardage and under the high ball but not worthy of this level, yet.

Still, he's an 8-minute Politis-influenced Origin veteran. Can't take that away from him.

It was a very weird decision, I watch the Roosters every week and whilst Suaalii is a good player he isn't even the best centre at the Roosters let alone the best centre option for this game of Origin. Also, with just over 50 games he's effectively a rookie so only should have been selected if absolutely necessary.

Why no Burton? Every time I get around to watching the Dogs he seems to be their best player, if a half goes down he can cover, he's won a comp at centre, surely he's our best choice in that position even if Suaalii was available and wanted...

Origin II team

1 Edwards
2 To'o
3 Crichton S
4 Mitchell
5 Lomax
6 Luai
7 Moses
8 Jurbo
9 Api
10 Haas
11 Martin
12 Crichton A
13 Yeo

14 McInness
15 *Olakau'atu (*Murray if available)
16 Paulo
17 Utoikamanu

18 Hynes/Young

I like the team but I still don't think getting rid of Tedesco is the answer. Ran over 200 metres, scored a try, second most tackle breaks and looked good for the most part in a soundly beaten team.

For me I think we need to go with the following, keeping in mind that we don't want to make too many changes over a game that probably would've been much closer if we played 13 Vs 13

1. Tedesco 2. To'o 3. S. Crichton 4. Burton 5. Lomax 6. Luai 7. Moses 8. J. Trbojevic ( C ) 9. Api 10. Haas 11. Martin 12. A. Crichton 13. Yeo

14. Watson 15. Paulo 16. Leniu 17. Young

---

Experience throughout the backline except on Lomax's wing which should be fine, Luai/Moses a much stronger halves pairing, forwards looking strong, bench looking tough with a genuine utility option on there that can cover halves, hooker and could maybe even fill the backline if need be.

If Madge could get Wighton out of retirement and he plays himself into form he'd be a possibility for 14 also, he's been very shit this year though so he'd have to play himself into some incredible form...

aqua_duck

Coach
Maybe. I don't think he's ahead of the guys I would select.
IMO he almost single handed changed the momentum in halfway through that first half, he should be one of the first players chosen for game 2.
IMO NSW have been burnt time and time again having no utility on the bench and it happened again tonight, to me having 2 edge backrowers on the bench is just completely redundant.

Llangennech

Juniors
My side for Origin II - Edwards, Lomax, Crichton, Suaali'i, To'o, Burton, Moses, Trbojevic, Koroisau, Haas, Crichton, Martin, McInnes. Interchange - Robson, Leniu, Utokaimanu, Olakau'atu. 18th man - Hynes

betcats

Referee
Sualli is obviously going to be out. Nicho is in danger, if moses or burto can play well before next game one of them has to come in. Teddy maybe if Dyl gets a good game in. That little fella from canberra probably in danger as well.

Frailty

First Grade
Jesus christ, Luai is given a free pass for his performance?

9 missed tackles, 70 running metres, 8 kicks.

He's the prime example of a player who looks busy but doesn't do anything.

betcats

Referee

Probably fair to say he is at risk also maybe jsut as much as nicho. Would be a bold move to drop both but neither really justified their selection with performance.

lockyno1

Post Whore

They both were trash, all 3 of the spine were- Tedesco, Luai, and Hynes. You probablly can't drop all 3 but jeez and yes I know it was a dead rubber but NSW looked a bucket better in game 3 last year with Moses and Walker in the halves. Walker has been in gosh awful form but sometimes you need to look past the form and he has been good since they booted their coach. Maybe that's an option. Tedesco is so done why did they even bother, are you telling me Drinkwater could not have done better?

Sime_11

Juniors
Edwards (teddy if Edward not fit)
Too
Burton/Mitchell
S Crichton
Lomax
Luai (Walker if Mitchell plays)
Moses
Haas
Robson
Yeo
Martin
A Crichton
McInnes

Murray/Burton (either to ballplay as a 13)
Leniu
Olakau'atu
Barnett

as long as that team competes like they did (after going down to 12) - NSW a still a good chance for the shield - NSW will win game 2 and i think this team can be Qld @ Suncorp

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Tedesco
To’o
Burton
S Chrichton
Edwards (Lomax if Edwards not fit)
Hynes
Moses
Haas
Koirisau
J Trbojecvic