What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Blues 2024

speedster

Juniors
So, who replaces Madge for NSW? I think they still have this rule that it can't be a current NRL coach. Who's left?

They might have to go back to the future with Loz or Freddy? Or how about Toovs? There's got to be an investigation!

The cupboard's pretty bare right now. No to going back to rehashing old appointments. I think we should be looking long term and targeting someone who isn't a career head coach out of job, because they'll simply use it to catapult themselves back into an NRL job. In the end it has an undermining effect on the status of rep football IMO.

Someone like Mick Ennis maybe?

speedster

Juniors
The cupboard's pretty bare right now. No to going back to rehashing old appointments. I think we should be looking long term and targeting someone who isn't a career head coach out of job, because they'll simply use it to catapult themselves back into an NRL job. In the end it has an undermining effect on the status of rep football IMO.

Someone like Mick Ennis maybe?
Yeah, maybe. But commentators like him or the Johnses haven't ever been head coaches so that worries me a bit. I know they've done some assistant coaching but that's a totally different beast.

Current assistant coaches who have been head coaches include Holbrook, Furner, Barrett, Taylor, I think Cartwright has just got a job in the UK, can't think of many more.

Kevvie Walters is free I've heard... :p

speedster

Juniors
I like Mary and Tooves. I reckon Tooves is someone that has a bit of Tommy Raudonikis mongrel in him that the players will want to go into battle for and die for. That's what you need in an Origin coach I reckon - the ability to motivate the players to run through brick walls for you.

Latest posts