What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Blues Prop Crisis

azzah72

Bench
8.Snowden
10.Mannah

11.Gallen
12.Hindmarsh
13.Bird

14.Douglas/TLL
15.Tolman
15.Lewis/Whatmough/Tupou (if his form keeps up, he is a ricky fav)/Aubusson

BDGS

Bench
What crisis?

I thought it was pretty obvious the only reason stuart made these comments was to fire up the NSW props ahead of Origin footy.

Kind of like the story of Walters and Langer firing up their Brisbane forwards before a grand final against Canterbury.

Pazza

First Grade
8.Snowden
10.Mannah

11.Gallen
12.Hindmarsh
13.Bird

14.Douglas/TLL
15.Tolman
15.Lewis/Whatmough/Tupou (if his form keeps up, he is a ricky fav)/Aubusson

Thats pretty much it m8!

8.Snowden
10.TLL
11.Hindmarsh
12.Bird
13.Gallen

15.Wahmough
16.Tolman
17.Mannah

- going for TLL in starting side cause he is our front row leader. With 7 rep games to his name and 4 of them being origins, its time for him to lead.

- Hindmarsh is there just for his cover defense!

isaiah

Bench
Our front-row stocks at the moment are fantastic, and it's probably the best group of young forwards I've seen in 20 years. TLL showed how much punishment he can dish out last year, and has been just about our best forward since making his debut, and will probably be in the team for the next 5-7 years. Mannah and Tolman I can see playing 25+ Origins and 20+ Test matches, with Mannah been a potential future Origin and Test captain. Weyman, Snowden, Douglas and Grant will be mainstays in our pack for the next decade if they keep up their form. Then you have guys like Galloway, Hunt, Tilse, and Merrin knocking on the door now or in a couple of years time. I haven't been this excited about our frontrow depth in a very long time. They sure beat guys like White, Perry and Kite...

It's our backrow depth that will be the biggest problem in the next 5 years or so. Guys like Laffranchi, Watmough, Lewis, Bird and Creagh will more than likely retire within that timeframe, and the depth beyond that looks thin. Fensom is quality, as is Houston, Shackleton, Prior and Thompson, but beyond that there really isn't anyone else. And most of these guys are workers not game-breakers anyway. Workers are good, but you do need some ball-playing ability or line running/hole-hitting skills from a couple of forwards if you can. I'm hoping we see some of the NYC guys emerge over the next two to three years. That would be nice...
sorry, no chance of mannah playing that many tests.

also, funny you should mention shackleton and thompson, as rep players, lol

farmeister

Juniors
Thats pretty much it m8!

8.Snowden
10.TLL
11.Hindmarsh
12.Bird
13.Gallen

15.Wahmough
16.Tolman
17.Mannah

- going for TLL in starting side cause he is our front row leader. With 7 rep games to his name and 4 of them being origins, its time for him to lead.

- Hindmarsh is there just for his cover defense!

I'd be happy with all of that.

Admittedly it's a pretty inexperienced prop rotation but it's not as though previous NSW props (Weyman, King, Kite, White, Perry, etc.) were getting the job done.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Snowden, Tolman, TLL and Mannah
Thats not the worst front row rotation ive seen. In fact its one of the best NSW wise ive seen for years

Weyman hopefully back on board soon and Galloway, Tilse and a few others pushing their claim too.

Big Pete

Referee
Thats not the worst front row rotation ive seen. In fact its one of the best NSW wise ive seen for years

Definitely.

It's hard to actually think of the last time NSW had a great front row. This lot should perform better than White, Kite, Cross, Poore, Perry and having to play a plethora of backrow talents up front.

Springs

First Grade
8. Bailey
10. Tolman
11. Hindmarsh
12. Gallen
13. Lewis

15. Mannah
16. Leoroyd-Lahrs
17. Snowden/Douglas/Hunt/Prior/Grant/Weyman/Bird/Watmough

Bird and Watmough do not deserve automatic spots based on one good game and several average ones. Their attitude is disgraceful, both on and off the field. Not what we need in my opinion.

RHCP

Bench
Picking Luke Bailey and to a lesser extent Nathan Hindmarsh is going backwards.

So the players that have proved they can actually compete with Queensland and play better than their Maroon opposites get dropped for what? Public urination?

Greg Bird and Anthony Watmough can get drunk, piss on shop windows and insult as many club sponsors as they want, when it comes State of Origin time I know that they can be relied on to take it to another level.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Im pretty sure Luke Bailey has retired from rep footy and I dont really think his form warrants selection over guys like Douglas or Snowden anyway.

Hindy Id like to see there though.

RHCP

Bench
Isn't Lewis out for a good while injured.
6 weeks iirc. Could be wrong though.

If he isn't able to take his place in the side, I wouldn't be against Hindmarsh joining the side. 100% heart. The question is though whether there's enough attacking threat in a starting backrow which only boasts one player who can really break the line (Bird) and two workhorses (Gallen & Hindy). Watmough could be pushed into the starting side, but Hindy offers nothing off the bench while Choc gives us some impact.

Perhaps if Lewis is too miss Game One, a young strike forward that will be of use to us in a couple of years, like Mitchell Aubusson, Cory Paterson or Joel Thompson, could come of the bench with Watmough, Gallen and Bird starting. They wouldn't have to play too many minutes but can cut their teeth and get a taste of what Origin is like for when they're ready to become a staple of the side.

Luke Lewis slots back in for Game Two and we have ourselves a second rower who won't be overawed by occasion when his time comes or injury fells another backrower.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Cory Paterson doesnt deserve an Origin berth on current form. He has been well below what is expected from a FG backrower this year, let alone a rep one.

RHCP

Bench
I agree, none of those three have really been at their best season, especially Pato. Needed another example of the type of player I was talking about though.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Corey Patterson? Is that a piss take
the kid looked like he could be a superstar when he burst onto the scene but ive seen little from him to show he's in any way matured as a player

some days he's good but most of the time, he is soft and he still has far too many dumb errors in his game. He's not even CvC standard. Let alone Origin

3 years ago id have said by now both he and Joe Picker would be in the state side. Neither have lifted their game even close to their potential, but at least Joe Picker has a solid work rate and can always fall back on being a shut down edge defender. Patto is sh*te and lucky to be in FG atm

Latest posts