What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW: Changes?

HowHigh

Coach
Hayne has to be in the team in game 2. NSW really lacked something in attack.
Whether he takes Dugan or Morris' spot I dunno, but he should be there for game 2.

And I think Farah should be in there to, either replacing Young or Ennis who basically play the same sort of game for NSW. Farah has that extra bit of creativity that we lacked tonight..

oh and get King the f**k out of there..

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
There's only ONE change that makes any sense:

Ricky Stuart OUT.
someone who can coach IN.

We made our bed last year when we put in a perennial loser as our coach. He sucked coaching the sharks, why did we think he'd suddenly 'come good' for the Blues?
All his talk about 'toughness' is a disguise for "we're losers" --> Ricky is talking about building towards next season?!?!? This is Origin mate, pick your best and WIN.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hayne has to be in the team in game 2. NSW really lacked something in attack.
Whether he takes Dugan or Morris' spot I dunno, but he should be there for game 2.

And I think Farah should be in there to, either replacing Young or Ennis who basically play the same sort of game for NSW. Farah has that extra bit of creativity that we lacked tonight..

oh and get King the f**k out of there..

Is there any reason we wouldn't pick Hayne at fullback?

Cannot fathom why Dugan would get another gig.
He sucked in defence; he's too slow of foot to cover; and in attack they were playing him 2 passes wide with the ball in hand looking to create...

Um? I thought Ricky wanted a "running fullback" :roll:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont think you can make too many changes, disrupts the team and can do more harm than good.

You've got to remember who the coach/selector is, he's too arrogant to admit he made any mistakes. Bozo wont want to drop his token Manly player.

And for those calling for Hayne on the wing, why would you have a ball player on the wing ?

Sticky said 5/8 or not at all, if Morris gets dropped it wont be for a "ball playing" winger imo.

I'd be surprised if they made any changes, they are used to mediocrity.

Gaba

First Grade
simple thing for nsw is change the 7 for another 5/8

pearce cant not play against defence has shown over and over

Dragon2010

First Grade
From the eyes of a St.George supporter only change would be Morris he has showed repeatingly he does not preform at Origin leven yet he still gets selected. He is not the form or class he used to be and his past few attempts in defense have lead to tries.

Other then that some other players were ok without being terrible- They just need improvements and more training at camp. Allot of new players yesterday that were fresh to the game and I think they took it well considering.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Ennis, king, young, creagh and Morris gtfo

Too much changes mate. This is why we continue loose we can't stick with a team and work on it. I'm not bagging you out but NSW have to learn to stick with a team for years with minimal changes.

When a club looses a game do they sack everyone and build a new team? No, it's just simply building on the team at camp and getting them to play together. We had young blood yesterday and the only bad one of the lot was Morris. The others can and will improve.

Stick with a team that knows eachother and it will pay off. Yesterday was a good game without being terrible the Foward pack did nit give the positional frame the Halves needed to create something with a great passing and kicking game. If they step up the next game and grab some meters we have a good chance at it.

Minimal changes will pay off. Lots of changes we won't learn from last year. Origin is not just a game were you bring in the best and expect to win. It's a culture, a whole style of football.

jamoss

Juniors
Every person has a different opinion on wheather to stick with the same side or make changes and i can see the dilema.. But is their anything to be gained from staying with people if they arent getting results ? Thats the question. How many chances do you give someone ? I thought 90% of NSW was good and should stay, but i still think when you arent winning you need to be ready to tweak around the edges.. I dont think wholesale changes need be made but id say 2 or 3 changes would be worthwile..

Meth

Staff member
Agree with Twizzle that you can't make wholesale changes. That's why NSW needed to make close to the right selections in game 1, and they didn't. The series is gone.

The problems with last night were Morris, King, Merrin, Young and Creagh. You needed Hayne, Tolman, TLL, Lewis and Watmough.

Id like to see Mark Minichello get a run..Sure his club isnt going great at the moment BUT he always goes at 100 per cent and has size and runs hard

Hindyscrack

Bench
as for gidley, what does he provide off the bench apart from the ability to cover an injury? he's hopeless out of dummy half

Yosh

Coach
BMorris--->Hayne
King--->Tolman
Merrin--->TLL
Creagh--->Lewis
Young--->Kidley
Stuart--->Gus Gould

Not just next game but for the next 3 to 5 years thanks.

Latest posts