What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW: Changes?

joseph1

Juniors
Hayne for Morris. Farah and Gidley for Ennis and Young. Weyman for Snowden. Tolman or Galloway for King. But those were the selection errors which ahould have never been made, keep with the same team I guess, though it pains me to say it. Some poor performances out there by the nsw players who we all always had doubts over..

nrlnrl

First Grade
I'm sorry but this is what happens every year.

My advice: keep the same team so they can actually learn from their mistakes for once.

We have a team that can defend. That was a hell of a lot of pressure they were under and they held their nerve. I don't know if teams from the last five years would under similar circumstances. I really think that game was 50/50.

Queensland won't be making massive changes. Neither should we.

Exactly - when will you other guys learn ? The knee jerk reaction that because a team loses you MUST make changes is silly. There'll be pressure from the Telecrap & other media morons, but how about applying the QLD approach & showing some faith ?

Liddell

Juniors
No massive changes.

Swap King for anyone and maybe Young for Farah, we need someone in the Craig Wing mould for a bit of spark.

Liddell

Juniors
Hayne for Morris. Farah and Gidley for Ennis and Young. Weyman for Snowden. Tolman or Galloway for King. But those were the selection errors which ahould have never been made, keep with the same team I guess, though it pains me to say it. Some poor performances out there by the nsw players who we all always had doubts over..

lol drop Snowden?

RHCP

Bench
I don't think there HAS to be any changes. The team we had came very close, that defence was incredible.

Kurt Gidley will probably come back into the side whether that is a good or bad thing I'm unsure of.

Jason King is the only player who didn't do enough to show that they deserve a second chance.

If changes are to be made:

OUT: Jason King, Michael Ennis, Brett Morris
IN: Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Kurt Gidley, Jarryd Hayne

Last edited:

mameimo

Juniors
As a dragons fan, the three players i would drop are Jason King, Dean Young and Brett Morris for Aiden Tolman, Luke Lewis and Jarryd hayne.

aqua_duck

Coach
Farah for Ennis, Hayne for Morris, TLL for King (Mannah to start), Lewis for Young and Hunt or Weyman for Merrin

smacky

Juniors
Minimal if any. I just wanna see for once to stick with a team for the whole series, see how they play differently in game two but if there has to be. Id be happy to see hayne come in for morris and lewis in for young. I just hope our front rowers can step up and soward aswell

the kirwan kid

Juniors
Thought you guys did really well. I hope you stick with the same side or make only minor changes. Lewis in for young, hayne in for Morris maybe. Gasnier and king weren't great. King might get the chop but gas will be fine.

bobbis

Juniors
NSW needs to stick a team together for about 2 seasons before they're able to match Qld. Given that I'd say change as many as possible particularly the halves and fullback, combinations are the last thing NSW should try to develop.

Jono078

Referee
This is what I expect (not many changes) but would if any, the following;

1 Josh Dugan - showed good signs, will be better for the run. I'd seriously consider calling king Minichiello back up though or Brett Stewart
2 Akuila Uate
3 Mark Gasnier
4 Michael Jennings
5 Jarryd Hayne
6 Jamie Soward
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 Tim Mannah
9 Michael Ennis
10 Kade Snowden
11 Beau Scott
12 Greg Bird
13 Paul Gallen
--
14 Trent Merrin
15 Thom Learoyd-Lahrs
16 Jamal Idris / Luke Lewis
17 Kurt Gidley

So from that I guess Brett Morris, Jason King, Dean Young and Ben Creagh dropped.

Id like Tolman in if he's healthy as well.

macnaz

Staff member
I agree, stick with the same f**kers and live with the stupid selections made for another year.. I love the laugh when we lose.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
King, Mannah, Morris out

Hayne, Gids, galloway in

Short a dedicated prop but gallen can move in there, wouldn't change the way he plays at all

jamoss

Juniors
If NSW stick with the core of that side they will start winning very soon, there is a LOT of growth to be had in that team, and they were nearly there already. Id probably change 2 or 3 max and thats it.. It just needs a couple of tweaks..

1.Hayne
2.Uate
3.Jennings
4.Lyon/Idris
5.Ferguson
6.Soward
7.Pearce
8.Tolman
9.Ennis
10.Weyman
11.Gallen
12.Lewis